Nevada road changes

Post by MapSir
Hey Guys!

I got some information from our partners in Nevada, about changes in Commerce Street.
Is anyone from the area and can make the changes?
Here are the details.

Thanks!!

------------
Commerce Street Opens At Charleston Boulevard North Side Aug. 16

Road Construction Continues On Commerce Street South Of Charleston

The city of Las Vegas will be removing the barricades and opening Commerce Street between Main and the north side of Charleston Boulevard to traffic by 1 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 16, 2017. Commerce will be one-way southbound permanently from the north connection at Main Street (south of Bonneville Avenue) to the south connection at Main Street/Oakey Boulevard (north of Las Vegas Boulevard). Here are the most important things to note:

· Commerce Street will be one-way southbound only. This is a permanent change, not just during construction.

· Charleston eastbound traffic will have access to Commerce south of Charleston.

· Charleston westbound traffic will have access to Commerce south of Charleston.

· Main Street will remain open to northbound and southbound traffic until early September 2017, at which time Main Street will be permanently converted to one-way northbound only between Oakey Boulevard (just north of Las Vegas Boulevard) and Commerce Street (just south of Bonneville).

Construction is expected to continue along Commerce south of Charleston until late October 2017. Traffic currently is using the recently repaved west side of Commerce in this section while the east side undergoes repaving and curb/sidewalk reconstruction. The burying of utilities has been completed in this section.

Upon completion of the Main Street Phase 2 project in summer 2018, Main and Commerce streets will form a one-way couplet between Las Vegas Boulevard and Bonneville, with traffic flowing northbound on Main and southbound on Commerce. When completed, both streets will have enhanced pedestrian safety, wider sidewalks, bike lanes, additional landscaping and curb extensions. See the renderings. Funding is provided by the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada, the city of Las Vegas and Fuel Revenue Indexing.

The contractor is Las Vegas Paving Corporation. Those with questions or concerns during the work should call 702-448-9100.
MapSir

POSTER_ID:15274930

Send a message
MapSir

Post by MapSir
Thank you Sir!
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by MapSir
Couldn't ask for better :) thanks a lot Sir.
Let me know if you need anything.
MapSir
Send a message
MapSir

Post by the1who
I'll make sure to stay on top of this. Back a couple months ago, around June, had noticed tweet from City of Las Vegas mentioning this traffic direction change of Commerce, from two-way to one-way permanently and it has been that way since. I'll stay on the developments of the Main St, I like to visit a coffee shop right there at Charleston and Main so I'll be the boots on the ground.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100

Post by turnertr
Commerce St has been connected to Charleston. The existing connection to Main St has had its name removed. South of Charleston was previously one-way so no changes were made.
turnertr
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message