Post Reply

Road building mode

Post by buliwyf10
Hi,

I read in the FAQ that I should switch on the road building mode to have the GPS enter the map new roads to edit in the WWW editor, but I haven't found how to actually turn it on in my phone. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks!
buliwyf10
Posts: 2

Post by bozwell
I believe it means the 'Pave road' option which can be found in the Report menu (button bottom right) then Map Issue, then Pave. From here you will be able to switch on the Pave Road option.

It's not great to be honest other than giving you a vague idea where the road should be. Most Editors add road directly through the website editor, but pave road is sometimes useful if it's a very recent road that doesn't show up on the satellite image.
bozwell
Posts: 114
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Post by AndyPoms
You can also use your recent drives in the editor to find the new road and create segments based on that without using the pave feature...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Posts: 7223
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 1098 times
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by ncc1701v
AndyPoms wrote:You can also use your recent drives in the editor to find the new road and create segments based on that without using the pave feature...
I like that better because I can go over the road in different directions, several times, and avoid GPS vagueness.
ncc1701v
Posts: 547
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 46 times
... and the "v" is for Volvo.

Post by buliwyf10
Thank you both!
buliwyf10
Posts: 2

Post by orbitc
buliwyf10 wrote:Hi,

I read in the FAQ that I should switch on the road building mode to have the GPS enter the map new roads to edit in the WWW editor, but I haven't found how to actually turn it on in my phone. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks!
go to map and look at the pave option on the right towards to top of the page
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Posts: 6545
Has thanked: 932 times
Been thanked: 4903 times
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider


USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
Bozwell wrote:I believe it means the 'Pave road' option which can be found in the Report menu (button bottom right) then Map Issue, then Pave. From here you will be able to switch on the Pave Road option.

It's not great to be honest other than giving you a vague idea where the road should be. Most Editors add road directly through the website editor, but pave road is sometimes useful if it's a very recent road that doesn't show up on the satellite image.

Yes, it is the Pave road option.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Posts: 6545
Has thanked: 932 times
Been thanked: 4903 times
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider


USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
AndyPoms wrote:You can also use your recent drives in the editor to find the new road and create segments based on that without using the pave feature...

you can do it on the computer...
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Posts: 6545
Has thanked: 932 times
Been thanked: 4903 times
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider


USA | MapRaid!