Coordinator: bretmcvey & ARC: ehepner1977 | SunnyRaynbows
------------------------------------------------------------

RC <-> ARC Role Switch for the Plains Region

Post by the1who
Hello All!

I'd like to personally write a forum post about the change in Plains Region roles. I had started editing in 2010 in the Kansas and Missouri area. I then had personal missions to connect Des Moines and Kansas City and then Omaha and Kansas City for better point to point navigation, ever expanding my AM area. As so, at the time, staff was managing AM applications with our Country Manager. In 2012, was at the Palo Alto/San Jose meetup where staff wanted to delegate that responsibility to the community, and become self-managed. I stepped up to the plate and accepted the role for the Midwest area.

At the time I had never envisioned the directions in which my own personal life would venture, which involved moving away from the region all together. End of 2013 I had in mind of finding someone to become my replacement one day, we had not created any formalities then of any roles and promotions as they are established today. But as time went, so did establishing more rules and guidelines, and roles. I had felt it was best to farm from within, build from within the region for someone locally. Bret has succeeded and exceeded many of those ideas and objectives I had in mind, and has been since.

Bret has been working hard, while I had been focusing on my personal career advancements, sometimes mostly feeling like I was probably on hiatus. I had never intended to be inactive as much as I had, but the reality is I had never intended to hold the RC role indefinitely either, I was interested on handing the torch down when the time was right.

Ultimately, I feel the right time is, right now. Bret is eager and he is taking charge! It is exciting to see the drive and stamina from him, the organization and the interactions he is developing, not only internally within our community but externally with other transit organizations. He is taking the PLN Region further than where I had left it and it is a great moment to be involved with. It is also where I feel like I am ultimately the bottleneck and constraining some aspects of this drive and would like to step aside and be of support role as ARC. Again, I am all for ever expanding and becoming better as a community, it would be selfish of me to continue to hold onto a role that would be in better hands.

So with that, and without further adieu, I formally would like to Welcome and Congratulate Bret as your newest and honorable RC for the PLNs!

Thank you!
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

POSTER_ID:872208

Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100

Post by ehepner1977
Congrats to both. Thanks Matt for getting this ball rolling and all of the work you've put in over the years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by OldDentsideFordLover
Congratulations Bret! Well deserved! Thank you Matt for the leadership that you have provided over the years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
OldDentsideFordLover
Send a message

Post by ply8808
Much respect and appreciation to Matthew for all he has done and will continue to do for the waze editing community and leadership.
Congratulations to Bret, well done and well deserved.
ply8808
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ
Local Champ - USA
HD riding wazer, Arizona.
iPhone 7, iOS 13.3.1

Post by roadtechie
Congratulations Bret!
roadtechie
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message
-Roadtechie
https://web.archive.org/web/20161030115 ... s/lcus.pnghttps://web.archive.org/web/20161030115 ... ls/c6s.png
Assistant Regional Coordinator | Great Lakes
Local Champ Mentor | USA
Country Manager | USA

Post by sgtgary
Congratulations Bret!
I believe Bret was an AM when I first started clicking the map editor and he quickly mentored me and guided me to learn the ways of Waze. Bret's the perfect choice! Well deserved :!:
sgtgary
Send a message
Nebraska State Manager
US Plains Editor
Twitter: @sgtgary

Post by TheChrisK
Congratulations to Bret on the promotion. I have been working with Bret for over 2 years now and I could not think of a better person to rise to this position. Matt, your contributions have not gone unnoticed. Thank you for all your help in the Plains region (and in Las Vegas). I'm glad that you will still be a part of the team moving forward.
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Country Manager: United States

Post by toolmanzwief
Congratulations, Bret!
toolmanzwief
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message