Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Texas-Mexico finished except for one I cannot find and another I have no rights to edit anywhere near.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
New York complete.

The majority of all interstate and non-interstate toll roads, tunnels and bridges are complete in the US. We still have a few states which need either updates or confirmation, though. It would be helpful if a few other country managers would step in and assist.

Depending on what date the next map update is complete through, we can enable the Toll option on the client after that update goes live. My vote is for 8/17: once a map update goes live for edits through August 17, I think the option should be enabled for the US. I'm picking today because several high volume bridges in New York were not updated until now.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
LittlestLou wrote:Paso del Norte Brg (S. El Paso St.) doesn't appear to be a toll bridge and is for north bound (Mexico to US) traffic only. I updated the name on the Texas side so you can cross it off the list I think. :)

Update:
West Virginia done (Memorial & Newell-East Liverpool)
Moved to the Completed side. Thanks!
LittlestLou wrote:PS: Is it better for me to keep updating this post or adding additional replies?
I prefer additional replies as the threads are marked with a new reply and makes it more visible.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
TX130 added to the completed list
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CrackedLCD wrote:Is this still being updated? You can add the Foley Beach Express toll bridge in Orange Beach to the Alabama list. That should be the last of the bridges in AL that are tolled.
No, this was a document we used for transition only after Waze implemented the Toll option in the editor. It should not be referenced going forward except to see perhaps who updated stuff originally. But being from November 2012, it's not relevant any longer really.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by bgodette
kentsmith9 wrote:I had been marking the bridges using the following procedure. Because you cannot get on the bridge without getting through that one toll gate, I assumed that meant we only need to mark the segment(s) that passed through the toll gate(s). Since technically the bridge should be one segment to the other side (one for each direction on some bridges) until the next junction (when the toll is no longer applicable anyway), there was no need to mark segments after the initial toll segment.

On the approach to the toll booth side again I am only marking the section that passed through the toll booth assuming it made no difference for the upcoming "Avoid Toll" option how many segments were marked before the actual booth for the feature to work.

My objective was to minimize the number of segments that required Toll management. This seemed to best meet the agreed toll road procedures I was reviewing in the related discussion threads, unless I missed some threads along the way. I am happy to support a different procedure accepted by the community if this causes problems I did not consider.
Pretty much. For one-way tolls there's no way around having to have a split section, fortunately road geometry at major one-way tolls already means its split. For closed toll systems (no way on/off without paying) all segments can be marked. For open toll, eg Garden State Parkway, only the segments going through a toll-plaza/transponder reader should be marked.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Maryland

Completed:
Baltimore Harbor Tunnel (I-895 at Patapsco River)
Fort McHenry Tunnel (I-95 at Patapsco River)
Millard Tydings Bridge/John F. Kennedy Memorial Highway (I-95 at Susquehanna River)
Francis Scott Key Bridge (I-695 at Patapsco River)
William Preston Lane Jr. Memorial (Bay) Bridge (US 50/301 at Chesapeake Bay)
Harry W. Nice Memorial Bridge (US 301 at Potomac River)

To Do:
Thomas J. Hatem Memorial Bridge (US 40 at Susquehanna River)
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
tibble wrote:If the us-13 bay bridge mean the bay bridge tunnel, I did that the first day I could :)
I do believe it's done, but also was PMing with kentsmith9 about it in terms of which segments were marked as toll, etc. If it is complete, please move it to the completed section. I'm not planning on checking on all of these myself! :shock:
We're talking Virginia here. I also believe that were talking about those without moderator privileges.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Goldhawk wrote:Please add to your list:
Maryland:
SR-200, the Inter-County Connector (ICC)

Virginia:
SR-267, the Dulles Toll Road
Added. Thanks Goldhawk. Are you going to get them updated as toll roads too?! Please please please? There's still lots to do!
SR-200 (ICC) in Maryland and SR-267 (the Dulles Toll Road) in Virginia are toll roads (not tunnels or brigdes) that were addressed in the toll road thread (both have long been updated).

With the increase in editing area I have updated the Thomas J. Hatem Memorial Bridge (US 40 at Susquehanna River) in Maryland.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
cdombroski wrote:Boulevard Bridge (SR 161) in Virginia was marked done in the other toll checklist.
So was SR-267, the Dulles Toll Road. The Bay Bridge Tunnel "Chesapeake Bay (US 13)" was noted as done here: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 10#p215525.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message