Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

[Closure] Worcestershire - Kemerton

Post by a2bpdq
My Level: 1
Area Manager: No

Would a level 3 or above please add this closure. Thanks, Andrew (a2bpdq)

Reason: Elgin road closure. Roadworks
Start: 09 October, 2017 00:00
End: 19 October, 2017 23:59
Sources: Elgin
a2bpdq
Master Raider
Master Raider

POSTER_ID:17505671

Send a message

Post by MikeRyalls
Done.

And welcome to the Wonderful World of Waze Editing! Your submission to the forum was exactly what was needed - succinct and with all the details needed. Exemplary. You might consider adding a few more layers to your WME view though - 'Satellite Imagery' is pretty much essential, I would have thought . . .

Any idea what the closure is for? How are people to get to their homes for ten days? If you're reasonably local, can you do some more research for me and I'll add it to the closure, I can find nothing to confirm this closure, let alone more information about it.

I see that you're new to editing and you might like to look around the village, because some roads have no names and some no 'City' attribute - I'm particularly curious about the very short High St.

Turn on the 'Cities' layer together with their 'Names' (under 'More options') to see what's missing. Leave the 'City' attribute ticked as 'None' for roads between named settlements, though.

If you've not already got it, consider downloading the Color Highlights script, which will allow you to highlight 'No Name' and 'No City' segments, plus many more options, such as 'No Speed Limit' - there are a fair few roads in nearby Breedon without SLs. Use Google Street View (GSV) to confirm the limits where you can.

None of these is locked above your level and you should be able to gain a healthy number of Edits to set you on your way to become a Level 2 Editor.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me, or any other Editor and we'll do our best to help.

Mike
MikeRyalls
Send a message
:D Validating a 4-mile corridor of the M6, between J12 & 19
:| Now forging a cleared link from The Land of the Cheesy Oatcake to Robin Hood's Airport
;) Un Rosbif grignotant la carte de l'aéroport de Limoges à La Rochelle par Saintes
:o Ah, Barcelona, ​​donde Editores unen caminos y escaleras a carreteras