For large/heavy/tall goods vehicles

Post by adriansinger
This forum is for all the professional drivers around the globe who use Waze.

Waze is a very important tool for professional drivers. With Waze, professional drivers can get the most accurate ETAs and find the fastest routes to get to their customers. Waze professional drivers are very important to Waze, and we would like to understand better the needs of professionals so we can improve our services accordingly,

If you are a Professional Driver please take 10 minutes and fill out this survey.

We'll also use this dedicated forum to maintain communication with you. We'd love to hear your feedback and we'll be glad to share with you our future developments to help you out. So participate!

Thanks,
The Waze Team
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:74536

Send a message
Adrián Singer
Emeritus Community Manager

Post by adriansinger
Gluek wrote:FYI, form not available to us:

"You need permission
This form can only be viewed by users in the owner's organization.

Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake. "
Fixed.

Can you please check and let me know?

Thanks!
Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer

Post by adriansinger
xanderb wrote:Was this meant to be in the Meetup 2017 forum? I would think you can get more results from a different area of the forums.
Hi xanderb,

Thank you for your observation. Since we don't know who are the professional drivers who use Waze and where they are, this is a Global post stored in the new Waze Professional Drivers forum, to which we invite you.

After 24 hours, this post will be changed from Global to Announcement in that forum only.

Thanks,
Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer

Post by adriansinger
Hi everyone,

You've made an amazing job by submitting your feedback either through the form or in this thread, or both.

We're very thankful and we wanted to let you know that our developers are looking into the results and processing them.

News to come...

Thank you!
Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer

Post by adriansinger
DustinLeeNinja wrote:I would like to see a place where we can let drivers know if weigh stations are open or closed.
What is the possibility of implementing that technology? I realize that there are apps that have waystation open and closed, but you have to actually go to the waystation and see if it is open and it may not be and updated and accurate. It would be nice if people could send an alert in real time as the person is traveling.
Hi DustinLeeNinja,

That's actually a very nice idea. We're not going that way right now, but we'll certainly keep it and when time comes, who know maybe we can develop something.

Thank you so much!
Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer

Post by adriansinger
FreedAce wrote:Wow, This is interesting. I'm not technically a professional driver either, but I was doing a large quantity of driving to and from clients, and for a short time I was driving a client around twice a week. I have thought about professional drivers, and I think that Waze should have multiple settings for vehicle type to accommodate the navigational needs of the different drivers who may be using Waze (A big 18 wheeler can't be navigated down narrow city streets, and some roadways can be legally limited to certain kinds of vehicles).

I also think that if you really want professional drivers to use Waze than you should increase the app's capability to navigate longer distances, perhaps by adding a code to chop long distances into navigational waypoint areas to recalculate the route up to the next waypoint area, or by navigating the user to the general direction of their target destination until they are close enough for Waze to actually calculate a route to the actual destination (Like a destination that keeps moving with the user). Some professional drivers drive for great distances and may not always have the perceived time or interest in figuring out places to enter along the way.

I also want to suggest another feature: the "Next available stop" button. This would be a button appearing directly on the map for users to have Waze direct them to the nearest available service station or rest area in their direction. If someone is driving a long distance in an area that they are unfamiliar with, they may need to take a bathroom break or something. It is also advised to stop every few hours on long drives to get out and stretch one's legs to prevent medical problems and accidents due to driver fatigue. This feature would either allow the user to exit to the next upcoming highway service area without messing up the navigation or if necessary, navigate to a nearby location with the necessary services off of the current route.
Hi FreedAce,

Thank you for your contribution! I've moved your post to a more relevant thread.

Please feel free to post your feature requests in our Suggestion Box.

Thank you!
Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer

Post by adriansinger
DangerDaneDK wrote:As a recent truck license holder I was wondering if waze was going to or is going to add the option to add bridge heights or weight restrictions into waze?.
Hi DangerDaneDK,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your brand new truck license!

I've moved your question because it was already answered in this thread:
adriansinger wrote:
DustinLeeNinja wrote:I would like to see a place where we can let drivers know if weigh stations are open or closed.
What is the possibility of implementing that technology? I realize that there are apps that have waystation open and closed, but you have to actually go to the waystation and see if it is open and it may not be and updated and accurate. It would be nice if people could send an alert in real time as the person is traveling.
Hi DustinLeeNinja,

That's actually a very nice idea. We're not going that way right now, but we'll certainly keep it and when time comes, who know maybe we can develop something.

Thank you so much!
Adrian
Keep your ideas coming!

Thank you,
Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer

Post by adriansinger
Hi ajcadoo,

Thank you for sharing your idea!

For professional drivers, we're investing today more on SDK than on own features. I'm excited to know how the future will look.

Thanks,
Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer

Post by ajcadoo
If Waze wants to really dive into the professional driver scene, there should be separate versions of the app. So when you open the app/in the settings you can select your vehicle type from a list:

1) Passenger Vehicle
2) Uber Driver
3) Trucker
4) Even motorcycle

That way speed data isn't muddled and individual TRs can be enacted.
ajcadoo
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by ajcadoo
Great, great idea. However, I don't know if Waze has the backend capability to route like this for two-way road segments. Waze already functions like this for divided roads, but a two-way segment is a bit different and it will route you on either side (whichever is fastest)
ajcadoo
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message