Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by drkridr
It would be great to have a Waze for truck drivers that adheres to truck routes. I’m a US truck driver that uses Waze in conjunction with a truck routing app but given the useful info and accurate info provided by Waze and it’s great UI I would love to see a version for truck routings.

Come on Waze you can do it
drkridr
Send a message

Post by DustinLeeNinja
I would like to see a place where we can let drivers know if weigh stations are open or closed.
What is the possibility of implementing that technology? I realize that there are apps that have waystation open and closed, but you have to actually go to the waystation and see if it is open and it may not be and updated and accurate. It would be nice if people could send an alert in real time as the person is traveling.
DustinLeeNinja
Send a message

Post by FreedAce
Wow, This is interesting. I'm not technically a professional driver either, but I was doing a large quantity of driving to and from clients, and for a short time I was driving a client around twice a week. I have thought about professional drivers, and I think that Waze should have multiple settings for vehicle type to accommodate the navigational needs of the different drivers who may be using Waze (A big 18 wheeler can't be navigated down narrow city streets, and some roadways can be legally limited to certain kinds of vehicles).

I also think that if you really want professional drivers to use Waze than you should increase the app's capability to navigate longer distances, perhaps by adding a code to chop long distances into navigational waypoint areas to recalculate the route up to the next waypoint area, or by navigating the user to the general direction of their target destination until they are close enough for Waze to actually calculate a route to the actual destination (Like a destination that keeps moving with the user). Some professional drivers drive for great distances and may not always have the perceived time or interest in figuring out places to enter along the way.

I also want to suggest another feature: the "Next available stop" button. This would be a button appearing directly on the map for users to have Waze direct them to the nearest available service station or rest area in their direction. If someone is driving a long distance in an area that they are unfamiliar with, they may need to take a bathroom break or something. It is also advised to stop every few hours on long drives to get out and stretch one's legs to prevent medical problems and accidents due to driver fatigue. This feature would either allow the user to exit to the next upcoming highway service area without messing up the navigation or if necessary, navigate to a nearby location with the necessary services off of the current route.
FreedAce
Send a message

Post by GingerAFtoo
I have always loved Waze as a former commuter in Los Angeles/ Orange County.
However I've stopped using as much because when I am nearing a destination, Waze takes me to the street and tells me I've arrived, but does not display the STREET NUMBER that I entered, so I have to stop, check my email our other app to find the house or business street number!
It seems many users would also find this very frustrating, unless there's a setting to fix this that I have missed.
GingerAFtoo
Send a message

Post by Gluek
FYI, form not available to us:

"You need permission
This form can only be viewed by users in the owner's organization.

Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake. "
Gluek
Send a message
Группа Waze Russia в Slack | Группа @WazeRussia в Telegram и канал новостей @WazeNews

INTL server updates Telegram bot: @WazeUpdatesBot

Post by iainhouse
drkridr wrote:Come on Waze you can do it
Maybe the could - but they won't.

In the UK (and other countries) we have been asking for qualitative restrictions (i.e. height/width/weight etc) for - literally - years. If it was possible to enter these restrictions onto the Waze map, the editing community would have been more than happy to have done so long ago.

The Waze HQ response has always been that they have no intention to add these settings to either WME or the app. The global community have pretty much given up asking. I'm sorry to dampen your expectations, but that's how it is. :(
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by iainhouse
jm6087 wrote:
gilooli wrote:If Waze app wants to really dive into the professional driver scene, there should be separate versions of the app. So when you open the app/in the settings you can select your vehicle type from a list[/size]
1) Passenger Vehicle
2) Uber Driver
3) Trucker
4) Even motorcycle
So far, Waze has stated numerous times that they have no intention to diving into the professional driver scene.

Please do not hide links to unrelated/illegal/spam locations. This is a easy way to get removed from the forums.

Please edit your post and delete your links.
User banned. Reason given "Adding potentially malicious links and attempting to conceal them". Posts removed from public forum.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by ipassedwithpaul
Would make sense to be able to set your vehicle height and mass into the app, for it to then calculate routes that can legally accept that vehicle and won't be a hazard or danger.
In the UK there are commercial hard copy maps available for goods vehicle driver's which identify low bridges and weak bridges, which shouldn't be hard to log into Waze by a few people in their spare time (presently published by AA). Then for narrow roads or those fitted with pinch points to limit vehicle widths, or barriers to limit height access, we can log them in as users. Even parking lots with height limits could be mapped in so regular car users can benefit...

Worth it?
ipassedwithpaul
Send a message

Post by J-mac7926
As a professional semi tractor trailer driver, I wish you guys would develop a truck route app
J-mac7926
Send a message