Post by JCoolioCool
I drive for uber. I loved waze for years prior to doing this. I love the map editor color schemes. Waze always had the best traffic information. I can no longer use waze because it lacks the optimal lane information as well as the way google maps uses flags to highlight upcoming moves.
JCoolioCool
Send a message

Post by jm6087
gilooli wrote:If Waze app wants to really dive into the professional driver scene, there should be separate versions of the app. So when you open the app/in the settings you can select your vehicle type from a list[/size]
1) Passenger Vehicle
2) Uber Driver
3) Trucker
4) Even motorcycle
So far, Waze has stated numerous times that they have no intention to diving into the professional driver scene.

Please do not hide links to unrelated/illegal/spam locations. This is a easy way to get removed from the forums.

Please edit your post and delete your links.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jonnaz
I had a look at the form and it was missing parts for PCV drivers, but it does state Public Transport...?
jonnaz
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by juankx
adriansinger wrote:If you are a Professional Driver please take 10 minutes and fill out this survey.

We'll also use this dedicated forum to maintain communication with you. We'd love to hear your feedback and we'll be glad to share with you our future developments to help you out. So participate!
Could we share this survey with professional drivers? is this intended only for champs?
juankx
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by MrTruckerDude-NC
As a professional driver I have always wondered why no mobile app developer has yet developed an app for the professional driver. I suppose Rand McNally is putting pressure so they can keep selling there products.
There is no reason why you cannot load the database with height / weight restrictions, weight stations, no trucks allowed restrictions. Since waze is owned by Google why not merge the routing capabilities and longer distance capabilities (i.e. Over 1000 miles) together to make an incredible app. Heck I would even be willing to pay for the app for my phone.
I think users would welcome more interaction with the app. The ability to customize a route and drive that route with turn by turn directions would be a Godsend. There really isn't an app out there that does this (best I know of, not even google. Closest thing I have found so for with full custom route planning and directions is Ride With GPS ). I feel there is a large market out there that is longing for features like these.
MrTruckerDude-NC
Send a message

Post by MrTruckerDude-NC
APettyJ wrote:For what it's worth I have added 'No' truck allowed" restrictions to some streets, it's just the app currently does not have a way to user the info, as the only "types" of vehicles are "personal" and "taxi". When using app under taxi, Waze looks for roads within editor that are reserved for taxis and Uber-type drivers are well as public transit that other vehicles cannot use. Again, commercial drivers haven't really asked for it from Waze, so editors and staff aren't focusing on it. We could change that quickly though, I believe.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I think they have been asking but it may be unclear on where to ask. There are app 2million professional truck drivers out there, so there is a good market there. How could someone be able to communicate to the powers to be where the inquiry would be in front of an actual decision maker at Waze? There are suggestion box but that is a general forum. I would like to be able to work directly with someone to help develop these options for truck drivers. This could have a big positive on the industry and safety, not to mention the added benefit of a larger client base for waze. Win win sounds like to me..
MrTruckerDude-NC
Send a message

Post by MrTruckerDude-NC
APettyJ wrote:For starters, probably should direct as many commercial drivers known to be using the app this forum. How many commercial drivers are even using the app?

I would like to see Waze ask through the app how many Wazers are commercial drivers, similar to how they ask whether we've seen a particular 3rd party advertiser's ads within Waze. Also, begin grassroots efforts to begin reporting weight and height limits using map problem option within app. Would take a large number of drivers doing so to catch attention.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I agree I'll keep passing on through my connections.
MrTruckerDude-NC
Send a message

Post by Olestas
It is everywhere on forums.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Tib3r1us wrote:Hi guys new to the forum here. I'm a tow truck driver and am looking to find a way to get a list or be alerted on my phone of all current/ newly reported collisions that are happening in my area, based on location or in a city that is input. This would be very helpful as me and others in my company check the maps frequently every day. Any one who can shed some light on this subject would be appreciated thanks Tib3r1us
There might be some third party creations for this.. you better ask in your country forums, maybe someone created something similar
viewforum.php?f=19
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
You can add and edit places through waze app.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message