The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

How to respond to map editors

Post by
About 10 days ago I reported a map issue and got a query back from the person looking at it. I got an email in the waze phone app and a real email on my computer.

I did try and reply immediately via the phone app but after I composed my reply and hit send the app refused to send the message. I can't remember the error message, I'm sorry.

Just now I composed an email reply on my computer, but then noticed the email address was 'no-reply@waze.com' so I stopped that and went back to the app Inbox. Now I can see the message in the app inbox, but there's no reply button, neither on the screen showing the list of messages, nor on the screen showing the message.

Got a feeling I must be missing something ... I am a newb to map issues.

EDIT: Versions: Up to date waze app at time of posting on IOS 7.0.2

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please ?

POSTER_ID:9596920

Send a message

Post by abc1357
The problem is that WME defaults to the Issues Layer being off when a user is not a regular user of WME.

When a new user clicks on the link in their email, the UR is not displayed even after signing in. Even when the user reloads the tab, the UR is not displayed. How is someone who has not used WME before expected to figure out they need to check the Layers menu on the upper right to select the Issues check-box to see the UR?
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message
Last edited by abc1357 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by abusimbel16
Go into App-Waze-Settings-Notifications and look what is activate.
abusimbel16
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by airchair
LeFugate wrote:I am having the same problem. I got the email, but not no message in my WAZE inbox. I tried to go to WAZE map editor but it says I don't have permissions.
If you have "Community and feedback" un-checked in the Settings / Notification setting you will not see any messages from volunteer map editors.
airchair  
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by airchair
JimDHappy15 wrote:I have had the same problem. This is an ongoing problem. In the past, I have been asked to respond to questions about reports I have entered, but there is nothing to respond to in my InBox. I just received another request to do so but again cannot. I'd like to respond and be helpful, but it doesn't appear to me tat the app allows for that. Am I missing something?

If you have "Community and feedback" un-checked in the Settings / Notification setting you will not see any messages in the app from volunteer map editors.
airchair  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Last edited by airchair on Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by airchair
shmupi wrote:
hoeggeq wrote:When I report a map error and get an e-mail with a questions from a person trying to fix it, the url in the email does not lead me to anywhere but the map - there is no info on who asked about what and anywhere to answer. It also says I can reply in the app and the app notifies me, but there is no message anywhere in the app (iOS) but the weekly reports. Isn't something wrong? It used to work.

thanks Hoegge
If the request is closed you will not be able to comment

Try to activate the closed ur's layer under wme

Use chrome or Firefox from a desktop/laptop computer

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If you have "Community and feedback" un-checked in the Settings / Notification setting you will not see any messages in the app from volunteer map editors.
airchair  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
If the message is still in the inbox in the Waze app, you can try replying there again.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mikupoiss wrote:Perhaps Waze team should consider adding a note into the e-mail that user can also respond through the app?
Not everyone is born to be an editor :P
The text "You can reply using the Waze mobile app" has been included in the email for a long, long time now.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
You may have also gotten an email (to the address associated with your Waze account) about this. That email will contain a link to the your report in the editor where you can also reply.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AnyaPH
I have the same issue. I used the link and while it brought me to the map, the map pin was not accessible.
AnyaPH
Send a message
As you go through life, you'll find - you're never sorry you were kind.