Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by spaceclick
I have a similar problem. I received a message from a Waze volunteer following up on my report of "turn not allowed". But I only got the message in my regular email account, not in my inbox of the Waze app.
I noticed that I had "Others may send me map chats" and "Others may send me private messages" disabled in my app settings, so I have now enabled them (not completely sure that was the problem).

In any case, if I click on the link in the email about replying via the Waze map editor, I just get redirected to a screen that says "We're sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information." (URL is "https://www.waze.com/500.html"). I have gotten this error in the past whenever I try to run the Waze map editor in my old version Firefox browser.

Anyway, I don't know how to respond to this volunteer. Does anyone have any suggestions?
spaceclick
Send a message

Post by spaceclick
Thanks, but when I tried that I got:

The requested users to be added do not exist.

However I did a google search for the user ID and "waze" and found that they are an area editor on wazeopedia. The PM link on that page worked (although it was the same link as the one you gave me with the user ID added, perhaps I added an extra space in the cut & paste or something, I don't know...)

Thanks again.
spaceclick
Send a message

Post by taco909
cl1ffjumper wrote:That doesn't answer my question.

I receive an EMAIL. With a link, and instructions to click the LINK to reply. After doing so, there is no apparent way to reply. THAT is the focus of my question. Is this a broken feature of the website, or is something there on the page that I'm missing?
Unfortunately, "Show Update Requests" does not default to "on"... you may also need to check "Show closed".

When you log into the map, go to the "stack of paper" at the top right, click that, and you'll see a set of selections. Make sure that "Show Update Requests" is checked.
From there, you can click on your UR balloon and continue the conversation there.

For identity protection, even logged into the editor, you will appear as "Reporter"
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
FzNk wrote:BUT I've discovered that if you don't have the Update Requests layer already enabled, the box does not show up when opening WME through a link.
Bingo. It's always been this way. The PL in the email does not automatically set that layer... it just opens the map with the opening editor's current settings.

And thanks for the screenshots... that should make it pretty clear. I don't have access to WME on this machine.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
mikupoiss wrote:Perhaps Waze team should consider adding a note into the e-mail that user can also respond through the app?
Not everyone is born to be an editor :P
The text "You can reply using the Waze mobile app" has been included in the email for a long, long time now.
So the only thing left is for the PL supplied in the email to toggle the UR layer on.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by the_can00k
I've submitted multiple reports of an incorrect speed limit for a section of road and I always get a response that editors need more information.

I click the link supplied in the email to respond, and it sends me to log into the map editor. After logging in, it just displays the map. Nowhere to respond to the comment I created. I've just had 3 reports closed because I didn't respond, but there isn't anywhere that I can see where I can actually draft a response to a report.
the_can00k
Send a message

Post by the_yeti
Currently on iOS when a community individual responds to a report made through the app I get an email and a pop-up in the app. If the pop-up is dismissed it doesn’t seem like I have any way then to get back to my report to respond in the app.

The email on the other hand contains a link to the map editor which has never, for several reports now, shown anything but the general area my report occurred.

I assume I’m missing something but it seems rather comvoluted when dialogue in these reports is pretty fundamental to getting issues fixed.
the_yeti
Send a message

Post by TheLostHoosier
I submitted a map issue while on the road. I received an email asking for more details, but when I go to the app or load the editor in my browser, it doesn't show the issue or give me any way to respond. My editor level isn't high enough to just make the changes.
Thanks.

TheLostHoosier
TheLostHoosier
Send a message

Post by TheLostHoosier
dspille wrote:Hello and welcome! Could you please provide the URL in the email you received? I suspect you might have the map issues layer disabled in the editor.
Turns out I didn't have the correct layer enabled on the web interface.

The app, however, still is not working correctly. I have no messages in my Inbox at all. Thanks.
TheLostHoosier
Send a message

Post by threenorns
2019 and this has reared up again.

Just now recieved request for clarification but there is literally nothing to reply to in the map editor.

Nothing in my inbox, either.
threenorns
Send a message