Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

How to report wrong driving directions

Post by A40Parker
Hi All!

I'm still new to the reporting stuff, and now on my daily way to work i get twice wrong driving directions that send me of the main road let me do a 180 degree turn an get back to the main road instead of just driving straight forward.

i searched my way around but i cant figure out how to report a wrong driving directions problem, though i have seen them on the map editor....

I'm using the current IPhone App Version of Waze in german.

any help is appreciated.

Greetings
A40Parker

POSTER_ID:8615141

Send a message

Post by A40Parker
bigbear3764 wrote:Give us a permalink of the problem area, someone on here will look for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since the permalink neither includes the directions i got nor the path i drove, i doubt this attempt will be the right one, besides then i still dont know how to report such problems.

If i'm wrong on this let me know and ill get the permalinks
A40Parker
Send a message

Post by A40Parker
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Hit the Report button in the app, then tap Map Issue. Fill in the info as much as possible and select the type of issue and Send.
i did get there until i had to select the type of issue, but i cant see anything there thats associated to driving directions. And the other types just dont seem to fit.

roughly translated i got:
  • general map error [Allgemeiner Kartenfehler]
  • turning not allowed [Abbiegen nicht erlaubt]
  • wrong crossing [Falsche Kreuzung]
  • missing bridge or... [Fehlende Brücke oder Überq...]
  • wrong heading [Falsche Fahrtrichtung]
  • missing exit [Fehlende Ausfahrt]
  • missing street [Fehlende Straße]
as said, i'm using the german version so i added the german original texts in [] just in case my translation is too terriable
A40Parker
Send a message

Post by A40Parker
CBenson wrote:For what its worth, in my English version the option between "Missing bridge or overpass" and "Missing exit" is "Wrong driving directions." If this is a translation error, you might find more help in the German forum.
Thanks, that seems to be exact the information i needed, i also opened a Topic in the german forum just to be certain. But i guess its really a translation issue. And i doubt that the order is different in any language...

Thanks Again!
A40Parker
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Hit the Report button in the app, then tap Map Issue. Fill in the info as much as possible and select the type of issue and Send.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
Give us a permalink of the problem area, someone on here will look for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by CBenson
For what its worth, in my English version the option between "Missing bridge or overpass" and "Missing exit" is "Wrong driving directions." If this is a translation error, you might find more help in the German forum.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by Daknife
wrong heading [Falsche Fahrtrichtung]
This means wrong driving directions. The literal translation is False driving-direction. The confusing part is your translation of direction to heading. Which is a term used in navigation. Your heading is your direction.

Use that option when you make your report and be sure to provide some information as to what happened. Also note that usually (not always but usually) when you make such a report, your route of travel as well as several blocks of the route Waze was suggesting is recorded. And that data is displayed to the editor when we click on the Update request.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint