New WME version v2.5-37

Post by delilush
Hi Everyone,

A new WME version was released. Here is a list of what's inside:

* Headlights reminder attribute - Hidden to low rank editors (based on new permissions system)
* Average Speed Camera setting - Hidden to low rank editors (based on new permissions system)
Please note that we received a lot of feedback about hiding fields from low level editors instead of greying them out. This was very important feedback and we're already working on changing our approach to this.
* New translations uploaded
* Solving UR's by rank 1+2 editors is now disabled - BUG fixed
* Google street view alignment and handle - BUG fixed
* U-turn arrows on dead end segments are now visible - BUG fixed
* Deleting a link to Google place not possible - BUG fixed
* Difficult Turns attribute disappeared - BUG fixed
* Wrong error message when editors have RTC permissions but not editing permissions - Fixed

Happy editing!
delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team

Post by dspille
I'm a little confused. In version v2.4-21, the change in permission per the release notes was as follows:
* Changes in permissions: L1 editors cannot close URs
But now in the current release, we have:
Does this mean that Rank 2 editors cannot close URs in the new release (other than their own)?
dspille
Country Manager
Country Manager

Post by aamazotr
delilush wrote:Hi Everyone,

A new WME version was released. Here is a list of what's inside:

* Headlights reminder attribute - Hidden to low rank editors (based on new permissions system)
* Average Speed Camera setting - Hidden to low rank editors (based on new permissions system)
Please note that we received a lot of feedback about hiding fields from low level editors instead of greying them out. This was very important feedback and we're already working on changing our approach to this.
* New translations uploaded
* Google street view alignment and handle - BUG fixed
* U-turn arrows on dead end segments are now visible - BUG fixed
* Deleting a link to Google place not possible - BUG fixed
* Difficult Turns attribute disappeared - BUG fixed
* Wrong error message when editors have RTC permissions but not editing permissions - Fixed

Happy editing!
Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aamazotr
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Post by CreekOfJohn
nzahn1 wrote:
delilush wrote:* Headlights reminder attribute - Hidden to low rank editors (based on new permissions system)
Assuming this is also controlled by Country? If so, I'd like to request that it be unmasked for the USA.
Can we find out more about this feature?
CreekOfJohn
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1

Post by CreekOfJohn
karlcr9911 wrote:What would you like to know? The intent of this is for areas/segments where you can be ticketed if you do not have your headlights turned on.

If this is activated for a segment, the reminder will show once per session and only when approaching a road that requires you to turn on your headlights.

The RCs/GCs are currently discussing the use of this in the US but need more information from staff first as there are very few states in the US who would need this activated.
This is helpful. Is it possible to enable it for an entire country, instead of segment by segment?
CreekOfJohn
Coordinators
Coordinators

Post by CreekOfJohn
karlcr9911 wrote:I'm not sure of the various restrictions Waze has on the feature but currently, it's setup on a per-segment basis. I'm sure Waze could add it to every road segment in a certain country if it was necessary and the Coordinators of the country were in agreement.

But, this would mean a Wazer is going to get this alert pop-up every single time they start a route that will end anywhere inside that country.
Well, in this case, the headlights are mandatory in the entire country, but not in the neighboring countries. I'd find it useful to get the reminder, as I regularly forget to turn on headlights during day.

Also, it would be infeasible to edit every segment in the country to accomplish that. At least in Europe, this is typically a whole-country setting, not something that local governments decide, with some exceptions (such as few countries requiring headlights on rural roads only or in winter only).
CreekOfJohn
Coordinators
Coordinators
Last edited by CreekOfJohn on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by huakayo
PMG801 wrote:Where has the option gone to enable a difficult turn?
When you select a segment, the arrows of the turns appear. When you place the mouse cursor over these arrows, a loudspeaker appears for the forced instructions and a clock for the rotation restrictions. Well here are also the difficult turns that you comment.
huakayo
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Post by huakayo
jm6087 wrote:It may be rank locked
If you were an N1 editor, maybe, but with your level, no. You have to click on the clock and the option will appear below the pop-up window.
huakayo
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Post by huakayo
PMG801 wrote:I'm not getting any options below the pop-up window.
Well, I do not find out because you can not see it. Possibly we are in different WME, even if it is the normal editor, because in the WME beta it appears but in a different way.
huakayo
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs