Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME GIS Layers

Post by MapOMatic
This script will add GIS layers to WME for states and counties that provide a public ESRI/ArcGIS interface. Typically, these layers include tax parcels (often with address labels) and/or address points, but may be expanded to include more information in the future.

Install: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/369632-wme-gis-layers

Once installed:
  1. Go to the "Settings" tab and select the state(s) for which you want to view GIS layers.
  2. Go to the "Layers" tab and select the layers you wish to view*.
*note: most layers are only visible once zoomed in to a certain level.

There is a power button icon on the GIS-L tab button. You can click that to disable/enable displaying of the layers.

Thanks to ggrane for doing the majority of the work to date, to hunt down available layers for many states. We are continuing to add states, so please stay tuned if you don't see yours yet. We are using the list of GIS sites from the state spreadsheets linked in the WME GIS Buttons script as the starting point in the search for layers:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/21228-wme-gis-buttons

If you are aware of new sites not listed there or find broken links, please work with your state managers to get the WME GIS Buttons spreadsheet updated. If you find sites that aren't appropriate for WME GIS Buttons, but might work for WME GIS Layers, feel free to post them here or send them to me in Discord.

Thanks!
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager

POSTER_ID:2647925

Send a message
Last edited by MapOMatic on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post by ldriveskier
If it is that annoying, perhaps disable automatic updates for the script and just manually check it weekly? That way, folks can still get their areas updated as MoM pushes them out and you won't get the frequent update reminder.

ETA: My area is done until I get back to MoM about which layers need to be disabled (some are incorrect), so it doesn't affect me either way. It is just a suggestion.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
goldenvocals wrote:I love GIS Layers! There's just one problem, the font. The 8s and the 6s are nearly identical, which forces me to spend time figuring out what it should be. please change the font to something more legible when it comes to 8s and 6s. or please give us the option to pick our own font. thanks.
I generally have no problem with the current font, but I loooove having options for font, color, and especially size. :D
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by lizagnadish
Any chance Ottawa County, Michigan's parcels/address points could be added in?

https://gis.miottawa.org/ottawa/geocort ... tymapping/

Thank you for all your work on this fantastic script.
lizagnadish
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by LostRiver2008
Hi - wondering if anyone has any troubleshooting tips. GIS Layers is working for me almost everywhere, however it isn't working for Leon County, FL. I checked with another editor and it is working for him. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
LostRiver2008
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by LostRiver2008
It's working now. Thanks!
LostRiver2008
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MacroNav
Ok, we added the USFS administrative boundaries (National Forests) layer at all zooms. Note since they're so big, you may never find the label at the middle of the polygon.
MacroNav
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
I've been thinking about adding it to the layer list, and synchronizing that with the "power button" on the GIS-L tab. That would allow you to show/hide from either location.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
...and that's added now (version 2018.03.10.002)
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Thank you for the help!

The only spreadsheet(s) I've used are the ones that are referenced on the GIS Buttons site, mainly as a starting point to find sites that use ArcGIS.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/21228-wme-gis-buttons

I'll make a copy of a state's spreadsheet, then go through the sites one by one and cross them off as I go.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message