Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by MapOMatic
At this point, it might be helpful but I think it'd probably just end up being an extra step that slows us down. You can pretty much pick any state that isn't listed in the "Settings" tab and start going at it. Also, some states only have a few (or less) layers listed, and those are likely just random ones that people stumbled on while doing other states.

I'll start a Discord group chat with everyone I'm aware of that's been helping out so we can let each other know if we start hunting a state (and not step on toes). Sound OK?
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
helifino206 wrote:Hi, any chance you could poll the available sites from a central spreadsheet instead of hard coding the links into the script? Update frequency is jarring, especially with how Tampermonkey handles it.
That's the long term plan (spreadsheet), but either way you'll still get the popup tab from Tampermonkey when layers are added from new servers that weren't previously in the script. It's a security feature of Tampermonkey, to alert you that the script is asking for access to those servers. I can't get around it, unfortunately.

I've been considering moving to a weekly release schedule... at least for any layers on new servers that would trigger the Tampermonkey update prompt.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Steelpanz, I'll be adding a "Show applicable layers only" checkbox to the Layers tab. When that's checked, you'll only see the layers that are available at the current WME location. That should eliminate the scrolling you have to do currently.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
NEW RELEASE: Version 2018.05.02.001

This version will trigger a warning in Tampermonkey when it first attempts to download GIS data from a server. It looks different than the install warnings you normally get in Tampermonkey:
unknown.png
(97.33 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
I would suggest clicking "Always allow all domains", and then clicking OK on the next alert that says it's potentially dangerous. From then on, you should never have to deal with the annoying popups when a new version of GIS Layers is released (yaaay!). If you click one of the green buttons, you will continue getting annoying popups -- even more annoying than before (boooo!).

Also new in this version is that layers are now defined in a spreadsheet. The script is much smaller and it makes it easier for us to manipulate the layer definitions.

Let me know if you run into any issues. I expect some growing pains (apologies in advance)...
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
herrchin wrote:Utah mileposts would be greatly appreciated, if they're compatible. Looks like it's pulling live from a REST service: http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewe ... &source=sd
I think this is in there already. Let me know if not, or if it's not working.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Correct, it's pulling from Sheets now. Is GitHub blocked for you?
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
RichardPyne wrote:It looks Like Bonneville County, Idaho broke their GIS access. From what little I can find, they made changes on April 27 .

This URL seems to work to get to the map:

https://bonneville.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 98962c52bc
I was able to get the parcel layer working again, but couldn't find one for address points :(
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:
MapOMatic wrote:Correct, it's pulling from Sheets now. Is GitHub blocked for you?
Apparently not, I can see the home page.
I might be able to get the spreadsheet to automatically export to a file in GitHub, so people that can't access Sheets could use that instead -- assuming GitHub isn't blocked as well. I haven't tested it out myself, but Damian Torres was doing some work on WMEPH Sheets->GitHub that seemed promising a while back.

Worst case, I assume I could set up a manual file import. Download the spreadsheet to a file you can access at work (e.g. USB drive), and import into GIS Layers. It'd probably be a bit of a pain to deal with, but I think it would be doable.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
For now, you could continue to use the last pre-spreadsheet version:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/37072 ... ion=276013

That should work until something in WME breaks it, or the GIS site(s) you use change their setups.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Release v2018.05.04.001

- Added collapsible state sections in the layers tab (thanks to JustinS83 for that code!).
- Mile marker font size increased a bit.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message