Coordinator: itzwolf & ARC: driving79
------------------------------------------------------------

Incorrect pronunciation

Post by spedracr
Thanks for reaching out. Waze has a process in place for us to submit request for changes in the way a name is pronounced. I have submitted the information needed for the request to be reviewed. I do not know if or how long the process will take for the change. When/if I find anything out I will let you know.

spedracr

State Manager for GA
spedracr
Country Manager
Country Manager

POSTER_ID:8696488

Send a message

Post by driving79
Anytime from tomorrow to never. Welcome to waze "soon". :lol:
driving79
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Global Champ
Tier 1
Beta Leader
Southeast Wazeo - https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/USA/Southeast

Post by ramblinwreck_81
SusanVette wrote:I've got the same issue here in Orlando. I filled out a form twice now with no response and the road is still mispronounced. In Orlando, there is a road to get to Valencia College East Campus called Econlockhatchee. Waze pronounces it Eh-kin-latch-e. It should be E-Con-Lock-Hatch-E (long E's on both). Any other suggestions? I really would like this fixed. Thank you for any input or advice. :D

As driving79 indicated, it can take a while. I can tell you there is a list of similar suggestions/corrections and they are prioritized and addressed. But as driving79 said, there is no advertised "to be completed by" date.

Not very satisfying, I know.
ramblinwreck_81
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by SusanVette
I've got the same issue here in Orlando. I filled out a form twice now with no response and the road is still mispronounced. In Orlando, there is a road to get to Valencia College East Campus called Econlockhatchee. Waze pronounces it Eh-kin-latch-e. It should be E-Con-Lock-Hatch-E (long E's on both). Any other suggestions? I really would like this fixed. Thank you for any input or advice. :D
SusanVette
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message