Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by kumiankka
AlObaili wrote:Then maybe it would be better to research how editors interact with this feature and adjust the speed rate of panning so that it wont fly around the country, or lower the animation so we can quickly grab the map to stop it in the intended spot.
They did that just a few moths ago:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=242753
MapSir wrote:Hey!

If you're a rank 1-3 editor we need your help!
Please record your screen for about 15 minutes while editing the map, do it just the way you are used to work, with or without scripts.
Our awesome designer Ariel is analyzing behaviors and looking into different editing technics, which is helpful in the product design process.

Please post them to youtube if possible, and send us the link.

Thank you!!!
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
atrophicshiner wrote:Not sure how long this has existed or if it is normal behaviour...

When selecting 2 segments that are identical except for the State in the name being different the left-hand panel refuses to show any information at all :!: Normally when names differ the left-hand panel displays all info but adds No common name and Multiple for attributes.

This is a minor hinderance when closures span State borders.
This might have something in common with the segment length issue I reported a few days ago:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=255939&start=20#p1812614
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by MacroNav
The mouse cursor does not change when hovering over an Area Place geometry node. Thus there is no indication to the user that the node can be moved. But the nodes can be moved even with the normal cursor. Testing performed with Toolbox & Tampermonkey disabled.
MacroNav
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by nivong
Deleting a single Poi is not possible. When you want to do that you first have to move the poi to have the save button light up and then you can delete the poi.
nivong
Send a message
L4 Noord Holland • Zuid Holland, The Netherlands

Post by nzahn1
Ditto on the :thumbs up:
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by nzahn1
kentsmith9 wrote:Not sure how recent this is, but as of today I cannot set a single segment's city name to NONE. The check box is grayed out. If two or more segments are selected, the check box can be selected.
I think this is the "If the segment has HNs, you can't have 'no city'" bug. Here's the WMEb bug.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by okladriver
iainhouse wrote:
ranttine wrote:Selection engine is not working properly. Cannot select a new segment before unselecting the previous one. "Select all segments of street/roundabout" completely unfunctional. Loading up of road segments takes ages.

Occasionally can't move junction nodes. Occasionally can't delete segments. Not too happy with this version.
Some or all of these problems are almost certainly script-related. I've done some testing using "Select entire roundabout", but this probably also relates to "Select entire street" and the need to deselect one segment before selecting another. I have identified 5 separate scripts :o , all of which cause this behaviour:
  • Route Checker
  • Toolbox
  • Simplify Place Geometry
  • Quick HN
  • Panel Swap
Obviously this is not a bug/problem with the new release. But I'm posting here to warn people that these scripts (at least) are causing problems. I suggest you post on the relevant script threads.

Other scripts known to have problems
  • WME FixUI
  • WME Speedhelper (see above)
I'll try to keep an eye on this topic and add to the list as necessary.
Toolbox seems to be the cause of the segment selection issue where you have to deselect before selecting a new one.
okladriver
Send a message

Post by proffa71
Another thing this update caused is that the feature of panning the map with keyboard came literally impossible to use. Before: 5 * down arrow meant moving the screen's worth on map on my resolution. Now the same move takes 30+...
proffa71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

https://i.ibb.co/X36kJbj/Banner1-M-Megamapper.png

Global Champ
Country Manager
Community, Partner, Localization and Mentoring Coordinator
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland

Post by proffa71
iainhouse wrote:
Proffa71 wrote:Another thing this update caused is that the feature of panning the map with keyboard came literally impossible to use. Before: 5 * down arrow meant moving the screen's worth on map on my resolution. Now the same move takes 30+...
Moving one screen at a time with the numeric keypad is a function of WME Toolbox - nothing to do with native WME.
I'm not talking about moving one screen at a time with the numeric keypad (nice to know about that one, thanks). I'm talking about panning map with arrow keys. I think it has to be WME native feature because it works on clean just installed browser without any add-ons on first time opening editor with it, just tested. The number of key strokes needed just got multiplied by 6 or something like it.
proffa71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Last edited by proffa71 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

https://i.ibb.co/X36kJbj/Banner1-M-Megamapper.png

Global Champ
Country Manager
Community, Partner, Localization and Mentoring Coordinator
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland