New to waze, quite a few inaccuracies in my local area

Post by ferlandrossa
Hi all, new to Waze. Finding my feet and having a few issues like drives not showing up yet (although I understand that can sometimes take a few days to show).

I'm finding the app frustrating as there are quite a few inaccuracies with the roads in my area, particularly with almost every road having the wrong speed limits. I'm in the Emerald/Gembrook/Belgrave area. I've marked these when I was driving, but as I can see my drives I can't enter any extra info. The roads are all L3 locked which means I can't put the info into them. There are also major road closures, like Grange Road in Carnegie, which have been shut for weeks and are still shut until next week that aren't in the system and there's no way for me to mark this.

I'm wondering what the point of flagging errors or how the idea of a community map actually works if you cant actually update the inaccuracies in it.

Any tips or pointers most welcome.
ferlandrossa

POSTER_ID:17578062

Send a message

Post by ferlandrossa
Thanks for the info.

I'll try to put a list together of the roads that are incorrect and post to the forum.

Any idea how long it can take for drives to appear. It's been about 48 hours so far?
ferlandrossa
Send a message

Post by ferlandrossa
Still no drives showing up unfortunately. Guess I'll need to wait it out. Definitely logged in.

My level has moved from baby to grownup wazer, my rank has increased though it still shows zero points. Also, the areas I've been driving in are displaying under Area as my Area 1 in the editor but the actual details of my drives aren't available, says "we can't find any of your drives".

I'm guessing there is just a lag in updating and displaying drive details but it's registering some elements of what its recording.

Hopefully the drives will appear at some stage, otherwise flagging map issues along the way was a bit of a waste of time!
ferlandrossa
Send a message

Post by ferlandrossa
Thats the one thats closed. For a few more days anyway.

Still no drives showing.

Anyone know if it doesnt register them the same if I'm using the app through android auto instead of just directly on the phone? I might try a drive with it just on the phone app and see what happens.
ferlandrossa
Send a message

Post by ferlandrossa
Well, went for drive earlier using the app on phone only. The area I had been driving in appears "unlocked" under Area in the map editor straight away but drives is still showing nothing from the last 4 days since started using. And thst includes both navigated drives as well as driving with just the map on but no destination set.

Seriously slow at processing on their server or there is some other hidden setting I'm missing here.
ferlandrossa
Send a message

Post by GBSpeedy1305
Is this the information for the closure you are talking about?

https://t.co/MxVKCooyG6

I haven’t found a good source for Vic closures, however Vic Traffic twitter provides some information on major disruptions in between MVA notices.
GBSpeedy1305
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 6
Send a message

Post by jberkers42
Your phone definitely has reception when you finish your drive? Apparently if you have a weak signal, or potentially swapping between Mobile Data and WiFi can also cause issues.

Lastly, going back to first principles since I work in a support capacity for my day job, you are cleanly exiting the app by hitting the back button, and selecting "Shut down Waze", right? The Drive is saved immediately when you do that.

If you just hit the "Home" button on Android, it puts it into the background, and who knows when it determines that you're not moving anymore, and uploads the drive.

Apparently there is no re-try on the upload, so if you don't have a good connection when it tries to upload, it never tries again.
jberkers42
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c3s.png
70,000 Km Driven with Waze
33 Km Paved

Post by keilorca
Usually pretty quick. My ones for today are showing up.

Did you check that you were logged in on the app? I have found myself logged out without realising it on occasion.
keilorca
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by keilorca
I don't know about Android Auto. It does seem a bit odd, I just went for a drive and it was there in the editor as soon as I got back. I'm no expert though, only been here a couple of weeks myself. :mrgreen:
keilorca
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by keilorca
I think something's amiss. Doesn't seem right.
keilorca
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message