Make your voice heard in the 2024 Waze Editors Community Satisfaction Survey!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

How do I allow microphone access on iPhone 8 IOS 11.4

Post by xxYCxx
The settings on my iPhone 8 does not show an allow microphone feature for Waze. Is there something I’m missing?
xxYCxx

POSTER_ID:17580702

Send a message

Post by esterfw
xxYCxx wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:05 pm The settings on my iPhone 8 does not show an allow microphone feature for Waze. Is there something I’m missing?

esterfw
Send a message

Post by fredbradleyweb
I have the same issue… microphone is not an option in privacy settings… 

on iOS 16
fredbradleyweb
Send a message

Post by Mvan231
Have you tried tapping the microphone button near the search bar?

Also, any reason you are still on iOS 11? Your phone is capable of iOS 13 usage. iOS 11 had a lot of problems in general.

By the way, what is your Waze app version?
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png

Post by turdferguson
I have the exact same issue. Even when I go to microphone settings, Waze is not one of the apps that is given an option to have access; there is no on/off toggle present for this particular app. Is there a way to allow Waze to become an option?
turdferguson
Send a message

Post by world_rzsh4d6y
I have the same problem with iPad Air 2, OS version 14.7.1. I'd like to record my own voice for navigation commands. The weird thing is that it has worked before, but now Waze asks me to allow microphone access, the OS in the other hand doesn't see Waze asking for microphone access at all.
world_rzsh4d6y
Send a message