Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Warren6815
xd-data-ii wrote:
Warren6815 wrote:Will there ever be a fix for Waze sticking in night mode during the day unless the CarPlay display mode is set to Automatic?
That has been tested and there isn’t a problem with the Waze app. It’s likely an issue between a combination of various settings of your car system, headlight switch position, phone settings, CarPlay setting and Waze settings. All those need to be looked at. The car system tells the CarPlay api what to do in terms of day and night modes and Waze reads that from CarPlay.
If changing settings and adjusting Waze back and forth to auto display mode, you need to disconnect and reconnect from CarPlay for settings to stick.
It works fine on my phones and car - headlight switch in auto position with car system in auto and Waze in auto and CarPlay in dark always.
If I set my car system to always night mode, Waze will likewise be always in night display.
Interesting. Cheers for that.
I know it's unlikely to be the headlight switch, as all that does is dim the display slightly, it doesn't affect day/night mode on any other app on CarPlay. In fact it's only Waze that I'm having this issue with, which is why I assumed it was the app.
The phone is set to auto day/dark mode, as is Waze.
Thanks again for the reply, I'll try a few more combinations of settings and possibly try a firmware update on the head unit (aftermarket Pioneer) to see if that's causing an issue.

Cheers
Warren6815
Send a message

Post by waterwayse221
From what I understand, it is a Ford issue, not a Waze/iPhone issue. My over-the-air Sync3 updates never showed any updates; but I went on the Ford website and it said I had an update available. I downloaded to a USB drive and installed in my 2017 Escape, and it *appears* that the Waze speedometer is correct now (only one test drive so far, so not conclusive yet--and I have had it randomly work before too).

I think it has something to do with the translation of speedometer data from the Car to the phone. And for some reason when connected to Carplay, the apps use the car's data rather than the normal GPS-based data? So I think I understood at least.
waterwayse221
Send a message

Post by waz3rdr1v3r
So annoying. Every time--no exceptions--I plug my iPhone into my system, I get from Waze "When safe, enable Location Services on your phone."
1.PNG
(32.26 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
On my phone in Settings, I do have Location access granted to Waze on my phone "While Using the App" with "Precise Location" turned on.

When I open Waze on my phone, the error screen says "Waze needs your precise location to give you turn-by-turn directions and reminders to leave. Go to Settings and then Select Location, Tap Always or While using."
2.PNG
(228.07 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
If I force close Waze then it works correctly in CarPlay. (75% of the time I have to force close twice)

Is there a fix for this? If not, please fix it. I have to go through this process every time I drive.
waz3rdr1v3r
Send a message

Post by waz3rdr1v3r
Thank you, but none of those 87 pages worth of comments addresses my problem.

Anyone else have a solution?

Using iPhone 7 Plus using a Pioneer AVH-2400NEX.
waz3rdr1v3r
Send a message

Post by WeZ_78
shimihi wrote:Iphone 6S IOS 9.2,
After upgrade to 4.43.4,
Waze is been closed immediately when trying to launch it.
I have the same experiance,

iPhone Xs - Max - iOS12
Mustang with Ford Sync 3 which is currently upto date.

Waze opens for approx 5 seconds and then instantly closes.
Apple Maps, Google Maps and Ford Navigation work, but I would prefer to be using Waze :D
WeZ_78
Send a message

Post by whizkidder
Mark: I have both a 2017 Mustang with Sync3 and Nav, and a 2018 F-150 with Sync3 and Nav (both build 18093).

Both have been showing 15% to high as previously discussed using CarPlay. Waze support sent me an email saying Ford had issued an update to fix, but when I contacted Ford Sync support, they disavowed any knowledge of such a current or future update.

Interestingly, yesterday I made a 200 mile round trip in my F-150. On the way there, the speed was off by 15%. However, on the way home, the speed started to display correctly— without (to my knowledge) an update to either Sync nor the Waze app on my phone.

If there are Sync update files, I’d appreciate a link to them for both my vehicles.

Appreciate any assistance you can offer. Thanks!
whizkidder
Send a message

Post by willygLLol
I have the same issue. latest update added speed indicator on Apple Car play, but it's 10 MPH higher . 60 vs 70. It's usually 10 mph over actual speed.
willygLLol
Send a message

Post by WJKramer
The car symbol seems to get cut off by the bottom info bar on my 2021 Mach-E.

IMG_1100.PNG
(269.68 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

Mod Note: moved image inline

WJKramer
Send a message

Post by Wolf666
Same problem with iPhone SE (2nd Generation) and Audi Q3 2020.
I also noted that CarPlay does not show the side bar when you enter a Tutor area. The side bar is shown when Waze is used in iPhone mode.
Wolf666
Send a message

Post by Wolf666
DvirGanorPeaceful wrote:Same problem with IPHONE 12 using apple carplay on a Skoda Kodiaq 2021. the screen shows only the map - no additional information such as speed and limit or destination and also search bar is not available.
another problem is the waze app stuck when pressing off the power button of the car multimedia and then turn it on. It seems that it helps to force-close Waze on the iPhone.

waze, is there any update soon? is there any other solution?
I fix the problem launching Waze from iPhone then closing, in the car screen then it appears with search bar.
Wolf666
Send a message