These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by xd-data-ii
michael-hull wrote:I don’t think this speed difference is a Waze problem, but rather iOS/CarPlay problem. All GPS speeds are off within seconds of plugging my iPhone X into my 2018 F150.
It’s a sync system bug. Read through the last few pages and you’ll see the discussion and info on it.
Find and install v3.0.19119 unofficial sync update and it fixes it
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Swearingen wrote:I have Cadillac Escalade ... Waze works great as long as I am plugged in ... but if I don’t have a cord or my husband is plugged in.... I can’t use Waze... seems to not connect to GPS... reading that Apple CarPlay “prioritizes” GPS... but in my husbands vehicles which both have Apple CarPlay we don’t have the same issue. PLEASE HELP! I’ve been a Waze user for years.... so frustrating
Sounds like it's a Cadillac issue.
Try with other navigation apps to see if it shows the same behavior.
The car may have one dedicated USB port that is for Carplay.
I would only connect one phone to the car system USB plug and use a USB power adapter for another phone
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
kscholey1962 wrote:In the UK at least, there is a new update available from the Ford Sync3 Customer Download website.
It increases the build from 18025 to 19149 and fixes the speed display problems.

I did it yesterday.

All Good

H
Good info.
So looks like Ford has officially released the update to fix the incorrect speed. v3.0.19149
xd-data-ii
Send a message
Last edited by xd-data-ii on Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by xd-data-ii
nofazer wrote:
kscholey1962 wrote:In the UK at least, there is a new update available from the Ford Sync3 Customer Download website.
It increases the build from 18025 to 19149 and fixes the speed display problems.

I did it yesterday.

All Good

H
Could you share the file name of the update you downloaded? It was probably a .zip file.
Search for
SYNC3_2807667713_Update.zip
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
V3.0.19149 is the latest official one.
Get a link for that or what until the ford owner site gives you the JR3T-14G381-AR version
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
They are limitations all set by Apple
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Because it is what Apple has advised required for nav apps.
Apple maps does change to only show turns list on the phone when on CarPlay (during navigation). Same with google maps, Waze, sygic and other gps apps.
iOS 13 now let’s you have other apps on tour phone without CarPlay going to the home screen. You can also run Apple maps (or other) on CarPlay and the full Waze app on the phone (just don’t launch it from CarPlay). That may get fixed/changed in later betas.
And Apple doesn’t allow tapping on the map interactions, like in the app, on CarPlay.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Mvan231 wrote:That's a valid point. However the function for alerting over speed limit would still be broken if the speedometer didn't show.
Not true. It doesn’t need to show the speedometer to read the speed to use the over speed limit warning.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Be careful with those sync 3.0 v19149 installation links if they are the EU links I sent to Mvan231. (2.6Gb for nav)
I afterwards found they change the navigation language to German or similar and grace notes to EU.
Then need to find the NA files to reinstall and overwrite then with custom autoinstall files.
Should edit the autoinstall.lst file to only include item 1 as the -AR file to update the system core file to v3.0.19149. Ignore installing all other files in the syncmyride folder.
If this has already been addressed in the links PM’d then that’s good.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
The features should be separated so that you can have speed limit only, speedometer only or speed limit and speedometer.
It should not require the speedometer to be on to show the speed limit. The all or nothing approach to the features lacks logical thought & they should give the users these options
xd-data-ii
Send a message