These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by xd-data-ii
RainMan3699 wrote:I have been using Apple Car Play for about two weeks now. I just noticed that the mph on car play is 10 mph faster than I am traveling. I set the cruise control to 70 car play showed I was going 80. When I unplugged from phone Waze said I was going 70. Any ideas why this is happening?
IOS: 13.3.1
Waze 4.59.0.0
You probably have a ford car and need to update your Sync system software, from the ford owners site, to fix that.
It’s covered and discussed previously in this thread.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
fw_man wrote:Hi fellow Wazers,
With new IOS 13.4, there is supposed to be a way for Waze to be pinned to the "Dashboard", instead of Apple Maps.
I don't see how to do it. Please share wisdom, if you know how.
Thanks.
The apps need to be updated to support it. Waze hasn’t been updated with that feature yet.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
rw-aldum wrote:When my iPhone is connected to car play, I am unable to view the map on my iPhone.

I can understand some reasoning behind this, but is there a way to enable the map on my iPhone while connected to car play? I am quite often not the only person in the vehicle and this is sometimes quite hindering
No. It’s an Apple restriction.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
f2a06723669c446cb27d5b667ab9ab57 wrote:Has anyone seen this issue where the voice search is not available in the latest IOS 13.4 & CarPlay? I used to activate voice search (via the microphone icon) but it is now missing. Tried on both my Audi Q2 and Hyundai i30 and same results
It’s been temporarily removed
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
cde91 wrote:J’utilise iOS 13.4 Waze n’apparaît plus sur mon auto radio
Avec CarPlay. Pourquoi ?
It should be there. Unless you disabled Waze from showing in CarPlay in the CarPlay settings. You’ll have to investigate that one yourself. Try hard reboot of the phone.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
world_updu9zyg wrote:
cde91 wrote:J’utilise iOS 13.4 Waze n’apparaît plus sur mon auto radio
Avec CarPlay. Pourquoi ?
J'ai le même problème
Check that you have Siri enabled. CarPlay doesn’t work without Siri on.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
^ thats Apple’s changes in iOS 13.4. The panel also dynamically changes size
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
They are railroad crossings.

CarPlay Dashboard will come in due time. Magic Earth navigation is the only app that has Dashboard added so far
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Yes.
Will be fixed when Waze release a version coded with the latest iOS 13 api.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Warren6815 wrote:Will there ever be a fix for Waze sticking in night mode during the day unless the CarPlay display mode is set to Automatic?
That has been tested and there isn’t a problem with the Waze app. It’s likely an issue between a combination of various settings of your car system, headlight switch position, phone settings, CarPlay setting and Waze settings. All those need to be looked at. The car system tells the CarPlay api what to do in terms of day and night modes and Waze reads that from CarPlay.
If changing settings and adjusting Waze back and forth to auto display mode, you need to disconnect and reconnect from CarPlay for settings to stick.
It works fine on my phones and car - headlight switch in auto position with car system in auto and Waze in auto and CarPlay in dark always.
If I set my car system to always night mode, Waze will likewise be always in night display.
xd-data-ii
Send a message