These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by world_ufn7cl16
vince1612 wrote:Apple Carplay does not yet support tapping on promoted places or anything else (like reports) as you can do when you run the App disconnected from Carplay and use your phone's touchscreen.
OK, but is there a way to get the McDonalds icon back?

Greetings,

Theo.
world_ufn7cl16
Send a message

Post by world_weraj7gj
I use Waze with apple CarPlay in my Vauxhall Corsa. It works fine but I don’t get any sound alerts for speed cameras like I normally would when it is not plugged into the CarPlay? I have looked at all of the settings and have ensured that alert sounds are all switched on. I get alerts for road works, traffic, accidents, etc. But not speed cameras. Can anyone help?
world_weraj7gj
Send a message

Post by wperk55
Same symptoms. My calculations show about 14% difference, but that's just nit picking. When unplugged from the USB the phone shows the correct speed; when plugged back into the USB the car displays the higher speed. Two different iPhones, both on a US Ford with Sync 3. Perhaps I can talk the wife into letting me buy a new car so I can test this on different models. :)
wperk55
Send a message

Post by WWFSMD
Twice on a recent trip, I tried to hit the “Thanks” button but happened to hit a bump and tapped “Not there” by mistake. I’ve never had this happen on the iPhone app, where the buttons are side by side rather than above and below, but on CarPlay (at least in my 2017 Volt) one is right on top of the other. I’d like to see them side by side, or placed a bit apart, so I don’t accidentally contradict a valid warning.
WWFSMD
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Note: Ford cars with Sync 3 v3.0 & pre-my18.5 (some) vehicles will show Waze Carplay speedometer readings higher than actual & higher than the car Speedometer - when the iPhone is connected to Carplay.
Waze (and other apps with the speed feature) can only get speed readings from Apple's Carplay API and that data primarily comes from the Ford sync 3 system to apples Carplay api.
Current v3.0 sync 3 versions sends inaccurate (higher) speed readings to Carplay - and that's why Waze shows a higher incorrect speed on these Ford cars (eg. 65mph shows as around 76 mph).
The issue lies with Ford and not with Waze. The fix needs to come from a Ford sync v3.0 update issued by Ford.
They are working on an "official" v3.0 update to be released in the future to resolve this. (version number higher than 19000).
So need to wait for that to be released.

Ford cars with Sync v3.3 or higher (my18.5 and newer) latest updates should have this fix implemented.

v3.2+ updates cannot be installed on cars with v3.0 (yet) due to hardware differences.

If you have a Ford car, this is the cause or your issue.

If reporting on Carplay issues you must give info on the iphone model, iOS version, car make and model and infortainment system version to help investigations
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
The Ford sync incorrect speed issue has been explained a page back on the June 2nd post. Read that.
It's a Ford sync bug and not a Waze or Carplay issue.
Ford may publically release the fix soon with a system core firmware update
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Yes. Waze should have the speed limit and speedometer separated from each other (in the app and in carplay) and hopefully they will see everyone's comments wanting this and reconsider their decision not to separate them. They have been told about it many times.

The Ford sync comments are about the incorrect speed which is a separate issue.
And yes, if Waze allowed the speed limit to be shown without the speedometer that would be better for cars that are giving the incorrect speed to carplay.
Waze need to fix that app issue. Ford issue the firmware fix for sync.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Unfortunately that's a Mercedes Benz system issue.
Waze gets the same speed information from the Carplay API as every other app does - so it is not directly a Waze issue to resolve. And unfortunately the apple Carplay api does not pass vehicle information to the Waze app so it does not know what vehicle, model or system information the car has so as to perhaps reference a database of systems with issues to make calculated corrections for the speed. Waze may be looking for a way to see if they can come up with a solution of correcting speed values if it in some other means of sensing the value passed by Carplay is wrong. Don't think the Carplay API allows access to the phone GPS speed when connected.
iOS 13 might relax the apple restrictions and may help - too early to know at this stage.

Advise contacting MB directly as see if you can get on to someone who will listen on the issue and also search the MB user forums and see if other people with same cars and systems see the same issue and try gather data on specifics that MB could direct a fix to. This was done with Ford and they have a working update to fix it and is pending public release.

Another reason Waze should disassociate the speed limit and speedometer to be separate features.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Mvan231 wrote:I just had a thought, with the incorrect speedometer display issue using CarPlay, will segment speed data be artificially higher?
Yes but the speed is averaged and it’s a small distance and will be negligible.
What car do you have?
If ford, find a link to v3.0.19119 sync 3 update and install it. Fixes the incorrect speed sync sends to CarPlay.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Mvan231 wrote:Is there a way to submit map issue reports while driving with CarPlay? I don't see it as an option.
No.
xd-data-ii
Send a message