These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by world_4v1m1m7d
dear all
i've been using waze with android auto and apple carplay... there are some features i can see in android that i'd love to see in carplay... please let me know if it is a limitation in carplay or if there's something i need to configure...

these are the things i can do in waze for android auto that i'd like to be present in carplay:

1. if waze maps are displayed and i need to change the playing song with the steering wheel control, in android auto there's a momentarily pop-up showing the name of the song/artist... this won't happen in the carplay version... i need to change to the music app so i can see what's the artist/song name... such pop-up never shows up

2. if there's a police and i click on report button, the android auto version will ask me if the police is visible, hidden or on the other side of the road; well, the carplay version sends the report immediately, there's no option to say if the police is visible, hidden or in the other side :cry:

first, i thought it'd be my car, it is 2019 peugeot 3008... then i decided to install an aftermarket sony stereo to my father's car (2012 peugeot 207) and carplay has exactly the same behaviour... both wazes are also logged on with the same account, so this is not the issue... i can't believe the version for android has more features that the one for apple carplay...

i do appreciate your comments
world_4v1m1m7d
Send a message

Post by world_4v1m1m7d
Mvan231 wrote: I believe this is a CarPlay limitation. I don't have the same problem as you with changing the current track of music or radio stations though.
Do you mean that if you are displaying maps (from apple maps or waze) and you change the song... do you have the name of the song displayed for a while as a pop-up over the map?
world_4v1m1m7d
Send a message

Post by world_81lds0vi
Hi

just started using Waze, seems great so far. Does anyone know if the speed camera work when no route is planned with CarPlay? So for example when I’m just driving about, no planned route, Waze is active on the CarPlay home screen?

Also how are the speed camera alerts? Are they up to date in UK? Do they only get updated when a new app update is out? 

What about mobile speed cameras, are these reported by users and then just appear?

Also as Waze is active when I leave my car I’ve noticed that Waze is active on my iPhone. I know GPS apps will use more battery. So is there a way to close Waze down once disconnected from the car or will I just have to do it manually every time?

Thanks
world_81lds0vi
Send a message

Post by world_9qi0byr5
Is there a solution that allows alternative routes to be shown on the Carplay display?
Currently this only works on the smartphone display.
world_9qi0byr5
Send a message
iPhone 15 - Carplay

Post by world_9qi0byr5
apparently it does work, via the button with the 2 arrows. Unfortunately, the alternative routes are not displayed immediately, as is the case with TomTom or Synic or Waze smartphone display.
Only on my car-display does it remain hidden for the time being.
button_waze.png
(8.49 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

Same "Bug" is in Android Auto....

world_9qi0byr5
Send a message
iPhone 15 - Carplay

Post by world_ae3l33ok
Hello,

I have the same issue on BMW as Nissan Rogue owners. Apple maps and Google maps work well on CarPlay, but Waze loses GPS signal as soon as it is connected to CarPlay.

BMW with NBT - EVO (ID5)
Iphone SE (Ios 12.0.1)
Waze 4.43.5.0

I hope the 4.43.9 fixes the issue for me as well.

Thanks
world_ae3l33ok
Send a message

Post by world_gxsghu2i
Hi there
New to this forum but it there away to actually get audio for fixed speed camera alert for apple Car play? Definitely it pops but I’m driving and I really cannot be staring at the screen
world_gxsghu2i
Send a message

Post by world_og95yb4c
I can't seem to change "Play sound via" once connected to carplay. I want the output to be bluetooth so I can use voice navigation with Waze. My carplay doesn't have a microphone I can use so I need to rely on bluetooth.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Lzn9a ... authuser=0
world_og95yb4c
Send a message

Post by world_qxbgj163
Same issue here with an iPhone 11 Pro Max and Carplay on a German Mini SE and a German Porsche Cayenne. It seems that it helps to force-close Waze on the iPhone (even if it looks like, that it is not running). After having forced-closed Waze on the iPhone, the issue with the missing buttons does not appear so far with my equipment. Nevertheless, it's annoying, Mr. and Mrs. Waze.
world_qxbgj163
Send a message

Post by world_ufn7cl16
Last week I was driving when my wife wanted some fries from McDonald. I had seen some McDonalds places on the screen before so I drove till I saw another one. Since it was some distance from the main road I tapped the McDonalds icon on the screen to get instructions how to get there (Apple Carplay with iPhone 8 in a Suzuki Swift). The icon disappeared as did all the icons of McDonalds I was driving past later on.

I have been searching quite some time now on different texts but I cannot find anything that will solve my problem. I even removed Waze from my iPhone and installed it again, but to no avail. What can / must I do to get those places icons back again.

Greetings,

Theo.
world_ufn7cl16
Send a message