Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by usa_l78gk7uf
Just updated my carplay deck in my Volkswagen (RCD330) 187b. The main improvement is 60fps animations. It has 1gb of RAM.

The Waze app is lagging behind horribly now by about 5 seconds and it lags the rest of the entire carplay interface as well.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, Official Apple USB cable & Latest iOS & Latest waze app update.

Sucks because it seems to be a compatibility issue with the Carplay Firmware Update on the RCD330, it was working perfectly with everything the same just no latest firmware update on my RCD330.. Anyone else have this issue??

Using apple maps works perfectly, just google and waze lag a lot.
usa_l78gk7uf
Send a message

Post by usa_u8d4heqx
waterwayse221 wrote:From what I understand, it is a Ford issue, not a Waze/iPhone issue. My over-the-air Sync3 updates never showed any updates; but I went on the Ford website and it said I had an update available. I downloaded to a USB drive and installed in my 2017 Escape, and it *appears* that the Waze speedometer is correct now (only one test drive so far, so not conclusive yet--and I have had it randomly work before too).

I think it has something to do with the translation of speedometer data from the Car to the phone. And for some reason when connected to Carplay, the apps use the car's data rather than the normal GPS-based data? So I think I understood at least.
I have both a 2017 Ford and Chevy. Works in the Chevy, not in the Ford. Will check the Ford site for the download. I just hope a sequential update doesn’t overwrite it. Good info.
usa_u8d4heqx
Send a message

Post by usa_uu9wizyg
I have a 2018 Nissan Rogue and whenever I connect to carPlay, gps in the app is not available. iPhone X, iOS 12.
usa_uu9wizyg
Send a message

Post by usa_v5zqftyd
I had the same issue, started yesterday. I can't view my waze map on my phone, only turn directions which are useless, can't be read while driving, doesn't show hazards, traffic, upcoming road directions. So frustrating, I'm ready to give up on waze and use a different navigation app. If anyone finds a fix, please post!!
usa_v5zqftyd
Send a message

Post by usa_ytt0ebqf
Here is the response that I received from Waze when I reported the issues with inaccurate Speedometer display on Waze.

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for contacting us about your inaccurate speedometer when connected to CarPlay.

Please note that this is a known issue that is not related to Waze as the car's computer passes the speed info to CarPlay and Waze displays this speed (wrong speed).

We reached out to several car manufacturers asking to fix this, it would be helpful to push for this fix if you could also reach out to your car manufacturer and report about this issue.

If you still have questions, feel free to reply and I’d be happy to help.

Best,

Zach
Waze Support Team
usa_ytt0ebqf
Send a message

Post by usa_ytt0ebqf
I drive a 2019 Escape. Seems as if a car that is only six months old would have had an updated Sync. How do I get in touch with the company to inquire?
usa_ytt0ebqf
Send a message

Post by UTSip
2018 Ford Escape - same issue - 10mph higher than actual when connected to CarPlay. Is someone at Waze acknowledging and working on a fix?
UTSip
Send a message

Post by VietHuy
Hi
Waze on iphone v 4.44.0.5, when connected to carplay on the car does not show good car running, only good show limited. So let me ask how you can differently install. Thank you! Email: pviethuy@gmail.com.
VietHuy
Send a message

Post by VietHuy
I have a suggestion to wave to update the language "Viet Nam", now the community "Viet Nam" use Waze a lot. Thank you !
VietHuy
Send a message

Post by VietHuy
Waze map can not update the distance traveled, can not access history. The latest update is November 8, today was November 21. Suggested waze to fix the bug. Thank you!
VietHuy
Send a message