اَلأُرْدُنّ

Amman updates

Post by TWturtle
These segments should be updated:

Speed is 70kph
Speed is 70kph
As I would expect the reverse direction also to be 70kph. I only drive these sections between Al-Urdon Street and HRH Prince Hussein Street.

Tunnel
Tunnel

This is Al-Urdon Street although it is listed at Jordan Street. I am no expert, but something to look at.

Likely 50kph to match the segments before and after (signs are scarce). Same with the reverse segment.

Tunnel
Tunnel
And their reverse...

This entire street from HRH Prince Hashem Street (Highway) west to Al Hurriyah Stree is 60kph

This is 2-way

I'll add more as I have time and find them... :lol:

-Turtle
TWturtle

POSTER_ID:17122093

Send a message

Post by skubko
Hello,

thank you for the great piece of information, I have fixed all issues you found. Regarding Jordan/Al-Urdon street, we have discussed this name in the past with some local editors and we agreed that English spelling is not always 100% the same - especially for this street. It is sometimes referred as Jordan and sometimes as Al-Urdon. Currently, we have Al-Urdon street name stated as alternative street name for this road and Jordan street is primary name. Do you believe it would be more correct to have it opposite way?

Best regards
skubko
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
TWturtle wrote:
skubko wrote:Currently, we have Al-Urdon street name stated as alternative street name for this road and Jordan street is primary name. Do you believe it would be more correct to have it opposite way?
No, I drive by too fast to see any "street name" signs and have no preference either way, just making a comment on differences I noticed.
I randomly checked one place on that road via Google Street View and I see road sign say "Al-Urdon", so my personal opinion would be to change it to that one and maybe keep Jordan street in alternative name....
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
Following the official road signs (and checking also other map sources) I have renamed the whole road to "Al-Urdon St.".
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by TWturtle
skubko wrote:Currently, we have Al-Urdon street name stated as alternative street name for this road and Jordan street is primary name. Do you believe it would be more correct to have it opposite way?
No, I drive by too fast to see any "street name" signs and have no preference either way, just making a comment on differences I noticed.
TWturtle
Send a message