Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by virgo1709
I've looked on the forum and seen reports of Waze crashing, usually when starting up. My case is different.

I have used Waze on three different Android phones and it exhibits the same issue on all three. These are three different brand cellphones with differing software. After Waze has been running perfectly on a stand alone phone it will just stop between one hour and two hours of use. On two of the phones Waze will just vanish from the screen and on the third a message appears stating that Waze has stopped.

This does not seem to be a crash as such, as the app can be immediately restarted and will then ask if it should continue with the previous navigation. I've checked all the settings and for the life of me can't see what would cause this. It's almost like some buffer is filling up and causing the app to stop. I've tried clearing the cache and deleting data but the issue still persists.

Like I say, the app is perfect for an hour or so but then just stops working. Anyone any ideas of what to try next?

I should add that Google Maps works perfectly on all three phones but I much prefer using Waze.
virgo1709
Send a message

Post by wrxnh
Five months later...
wrxnh
Send a message

Post by zoe-mi
So what's going on now? I just see this:
This is a test release for open beta
zoe-mi
Send a message