Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to discuss editing specifically related to house numbering (addresses): how to optimize locations, set stop-points, etc.

Waze things Addresses are on the wrong side?

Post by aparis99
I'm adding house numbers to neighborhoods, and for some reason, Waze doesn't like this street... Bug, or is there some work-around?

Waze Editing Map:
Source:
aparis99

POSTER_ID:17628093

Send a message

Post by aparis99
Ugh, so frustrating. I wish it would check before I go and spend time adding a bunch at a time just to find out nothing will stick or that there's no way to force is as correct.
Another one b/c the street loops around.

I will look at that original one and see if I can get it go stay. I actually started at the left and worked counter-clockwise on the first one. *EDIT* - That fixed it!

*EDIT* - I see some house numbers are "Forced" on some places. I'm assuming I just don't have the editing level to be able to have that as an option?
aparis99
Send a message

Post by aparis99
Yes, I just found this Waze Editing stuff last night. Thanks for noticing that rookie mistake/typo! I'll head to that forum now!
aparis99
Send a message

Post by jm6087
Taking a closer look at your House Numbers on Autumn Valley Trace.

Are you sure those number are correct? It seems strange to go in this order.
6449 (this is a lower number than the first number)

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
I just got home and was able to look a little more at the Autumn Valley Trace issue you are having.

According to the GIS website, 6449 is actually 6499 which will probably resolve that major issue you are having.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
I also suggest that you introduce yourself to the Kentucky editors and join their chat channel before you continue editing. I just looked a couple of your edits and you have some incomplete segments being added.
More information on Kentucky chat here
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
aparis99 wrote:Yes, I just found this Waze Editing stuff last night. Thanks for noticing that rookie mistake/typo! I'll head to that forum now!
Every one makes mistakes. Glad we could figure out the issue. You should find some great help in the Kentucky Discord chat that will help you learn the ins and outs of editing.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by turbomkt
More than likely it's because of how 5300 is on there. It looks like it was the first one added and "set" which side should be odd or even. Do you see how it's slightly above the line if you extended the segment?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 16
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)