Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

iOS Deep Links Between iOS apps and Bldg 4

Post by breatheAndSmile2
First, I am a huge fan of Waze and love this community centric iPhone app you have created.

Now on to the question..
I want to navigate the user from our iOS app into the Waze iOS app and the experience should reflect the following:
  • Exact address shows
  • They begin navigating right away
  • They are not shown a list of alternative addresses
FWIW, we can get this experience using Google Maps which is also integrated in our iOS app now (in case that helps).

I am trying the following in the iOS app:

Code: Select all

https://waze.com/ul?q=2203%20Range%20Line%20St%20Bldg%204%2CColumbia%2CMO%2065202&ll=38.9745%2C-92.32783&navigate=yes
I create a URL from that URL String and use it in

Code: Select all

UIApplication.shared.open(directionsURL, options: [:], completionHandler: nil)
This approach works for other addresses. However for this address that has a "Bldg 4" in it, Waze ends up just calling it "Big Bear Ct" as opposed to "2203 Rangeline St Bldg 4, Columbia, MO 65202" like it does in Google Maps.

It seems like the Bldg 4 might be giving it a problem?

We would like an exact address showing when this process starts like it does for any other address we feed it that does not have something like a "Bldg 4"

Is this a known issue? Is there something we can do on our end? Note: "2203 Rangeline St Bldg 4" is a single address string that we get from the server.

Thank you for your time.
breatheAndSmile2

POSTER_ID:17643079

Send a message