Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

L2→L1 Unlock: Leopardstown Rd turn (left turn R113 to N31 W)

Post by foophoof
https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon ... =305128519

I'm not entirely sure if this edit is appropriate, but when making the left turn from R113 Leopardstown Rd to N31 W Leopardstown Rd, Waze told me to "keep left". I think "turn left" would have been more appropriate, since you need to get in a separate turn lane (and cross a bike lane to do so), and has a separate light.

I know how to fix the junction so it'll say "turn left" instead, but I just wanted (1) someone more familiar to look over it and advice whether "turn left" or "keep left" makes more sense, and (2) I'm only an L1 editor, so I can't edit this juncton yet, so if it can either be unlocked or if someone L2+ can edit it, that would be nice.
foophoof

POSTER_ID:17211333

Send a message

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:Hi there, thanks for posting this up here.

What we usually do in such junctions is a direction to Keep Left at the beginning of that extra segment and then Turn Left at the end of it.

Instead of unlocking it, if you don't mind, I just added the Turn Left bit. What do you think?
Keep Left at the start of the slip lane followed by Turn Left where it meets the N31 W sounds right to me too. I'd be more inclined to make this happen by adjust the junction angle rather than by adjusting the turn prompt though - even though the end result is the same. I'm not a big fan of turn instruction overrides.

Either way, I think the exit road from the South County business park should behave the same - I've adjusted the junction angle to do this.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by foophoof
Yeah, that seems reasonable. Thank you for fixing it and the information!
foophoof
Send a message

Post by YanisKyr
Hi there, thanks for posting this up here.

What we usually do in such junctions is a direction to Keep Left at the beginning of that extra segment and then Turn Left at the end of it.

Instead of unlocking it, if you don't mind, I just added the Turn Left bit. What do you think?
YanisKyr
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... r-N-N5.gif
Coordinator & Booster for Cyprus | CM for Ireland | GC for the entire world

Post by YanisKyr
One of my bunch of scripts shows a pop-up for overrides so I don't mind them much. Except the u-turn ones that we once had at a nasty angle that might have been discouraging for the routing server. But I agree with this, no point adding a TIO if we can achieve the same with an appropriate and rather "invisible" angle.

I changed that to a sharper angle and removed the TIO now.
YanisKyr
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... r-N-N5.gif
Coordinator & Booster for Cyprus | CM for Ireland | GC for the entire world