Waze can find my address, but won't route to it

Post by aviatordave
It seems to have started about 2-3 weeks ago. My wife has the same problem - Waze can find our address, but won't route to it. Always comes back with Uh-oh! Routing Server Timeout. I've now found that it won't route to ANY addresses in my neighborhood. It's a gated community with 4 entrances around the circumference. Here's one right in the middle - 2118 Clearspring Dr. N, Irving, TX 75063.
Waze will locate it very quickly but won't route to it. I've tried multiple addresses in my neighborhood, and they all do the exact same thing.

Other addresses just across the street from the neighborhood (2813 West Royal Lane, Irving, TX 75063) for example, will locate and route very quickly.
aviatordave

POSTER_ID:16376255

Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1649923503-
Thank you for your message, it appears that this is the area in question. We are contacting the appropriate local waze map editors for assistance.

Can a Forum Moderator, move this to the Texas Forum Section.
Inactive user -1649923503-
Send a message
-John
-------
https://j.mp/1BqcgbWhttps://s.waze.tools/c5.png
VT - State Manager
New England - Multi State Manager

Post by aviatordave
It will not route to any address inside my neighborhood (which is surrounded by a wall with 4 gated entries around the circumference). They can be found in a search, but when "Go" is pressed to make it actually route, it always replies with "Uh-oh! Routing Server Timeout". My wife has a different iPhone than I do, is on a different IOS version, and she has the same issue. I also just had a coworker install waze on his Android phone, and it did the exact same thing on his phone. The neighborhood is Hackberry Creek in Irving, TX for anyone interested. Someone from Waze support contacted me after an email support inquiry and had me delete and reinstall the app. All that did was delete all my address history.
aviatordave
Send a message

Post by aviatordave
Thanks. I found something even more odd tonight - I tried it about 50' inside one of the gates and it works. if I'm INSIDE the neighborhood gates, it will route just fine. To my house, and several other addresses I tried. It will also route to anything outside the gates. The problem contacting the routing server only happens when outside the gates trying to route to an address inside the gates. There are 4 gates total, one at each end of Bradford Pear Dr in Irving, and one at each end of SummitView Dr in Irving. 75063. It's like it doesn't know that Bradford Pear and SummitView connect to Kinwest, Royal, and Parkridge which are the 3 streets that encircle the neighborhood, so it just times out.

Thanks for working on it, it's been very frustrating for delivery drivers and guests.
aviatordave
Send a message

Post by jm6087
Thanks for reporting this. We are looking into some possible issues. Can you tell me if the issue happens at any hour or is it during certain times?
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Do you have the issue at all hours or just certain hours?

I had found an issue that should be in the process of be fixed (hopefully in the next few days or so) that would not allow routing between 23:00-06:00 Sun-Thur, and 01:00-06:00 Sat and Sun. Someone had placed a restriction on all gates preventing access during those hours and days.

Once I hear back from you on the times that the issue happens, I can try to dig deeper if needed.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
I just tested in my app and had another editor test in his app (Waze production and beta) and all attempts failed. I will need to bring this up to our regional coordinator when he gets back from vacation.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Thanks, this new information makes sense with what I thinking the issue may be. We are trying to see if we can figure out what is happening.

While we are working on this, can you confirm some information for me?

Can residents enter any gate 24/7 or just one gate?
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Avaitordave,

I just tested a couple routes to inside your community and was successful. Can you verify on your end the issue is fixed?

Thanks
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ