Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME-Locksmith

Post by SkiDooGuy
Greetings all!

I'd like to introduce everyone to a new script known as Locksmith! This script is a highlight and lock script based loosely off relock which some of you have used. Locksmith pulls it's per State locking standards from a spreadsheet which can be updated with changing community standards as needed, so the script will always be using the correct standards without needing to rewrite any of the code! It also accounts for polygon or city name based variations in the standard.
2020-10-15_11h11_50.jpg
(680.7 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
2020-10-15_11h12_03.jpg
(31.21 KiB) Downloaded 393 times

Locksmith will initially load with the current state (and will update the state when appropriate) and display the locking standards for that state, which can be overridden manually by changing the drop-downs if desired. The custom lock dropdown will only show values up to the editors rank, they will need to hit "reset" to get the higher standards back.

If multiple states are available then a popup will be displayed on screen which will prompt you to select the "Manual State Select" in the options menu and then select the correct State. This pop-up can be disabled in the options menu
2020-10-15_11h16_54.jpg
(10.02 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
  • Reset will clear the UI, any highlights on the map, and return any custom lock overrides to the state standards.
  • Scan will perform a on-time scan of the current map and, depending on the options set, update the UI and highlights appropriately.
  • Lock All will simply lock any segments the editor is able to edit to the correct standard without setting highlights or updating the UI.
Clicking on the "Other Segment Types" text will switch the UI to display the standards for alternative segment types.
2020-10-15_11h12_23.jpg
(32.13 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
The options menu provides several ways to customize how the script functions and what displays.
2020-10-15_11h12_38.jpg
(34.03 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
  • Active Scan is what it sounds like, as you pan around the map with this enabled the script will run and update the UI with the results as it goes
  • Enable Highlights will result in the relevant segments on the map being highlighted with red for segments locked below standards and blue for those locked above standards
  • Detect Segs Above my Rank will let the script update the UI and highlights to include segments which you either are unable to lock to the standard (think R4 SM with freeways) as well as segments locked above your rank
  • Save Scan Settings will cause the following settings to persist between refreshes: Active Scan, Enable Highlights, Detect Segs Above my Rank, and Include Overlocked Segs. Locksmith is set up to use both local storage and if the editor desires, WazeWraps cross browser settings storage
  • Manual State Select allows the state to be manually set and will not update while panning
  • Disable States Popup will prevent the warning about multiple states being available while panning with active scan enabled
  • Include Overlocked Segs allows segments locked over the standard to be highlighted and included in the UI results
At the bottom there are several Additional Attributes that are colored (enabled) based on entires in the spreadsheet. These include when segments have a one-way, unpaved, HOV, or toll standard different from the regular state standard, as well as when a state has a polygon (WKT) or city name based standard. These settings (when available) can be toggled enabled/disabled by clicking on them.
2020-10-15_11h20_36.jpg
(7 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
Currently the locking functions are only available to R3+ editors, R1/2 editors can still utilize the scripts highlighting and custom override functions, but the locking functions are disabled. Currently this is not configurable by country, but I may include that or remove this requirement all together if it is just causing issues.

This script is also built to allow localization, so if the script doesn't load in your WME set language please feel free to contact me and we can change that!

Also - if there is currently no standards for your country/state please contact me and I can get those in very quickly.

Greasyfork Link
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Answers: 1
Last edited by SkiDooGuy on Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png

Post by jangliss
Definitely a nice extension, but I've been having hit and miss luck with it running consistently. I've not yet tracked down if it's conflicting with other scripts, but it seems to have issues fetching data from the sheet, which results in a lot of undefined error messages.
2019-07-05_18-48_chrome_FZM7ccijym.png
(9.65 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
2019-07-05_18-48_chrome_n7E9S855vn.png
(15.91 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
I'd originally thought it was conflicting with Toolbar, but even with it disabled, this sporadically pops up. I'll try digging some more to see if there is any particular trigger.

Cheers!
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager

Post by jm6087
turnertr wrote:Noticed when I get in areas near a state border, it gets awful pushy about making sure I have a state selected. I can have up to 4 instances of the error window on my screen at a time. Any movement will cause more of the error to appear.
If you want, you can disable this pop up in the options - "disable states popups"
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ
SCR Wiki
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... writer.png
[
https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png R.I.P. Iainhouse - Oct 21st 2021

Post by jangliss
Would there be any reason why, if you have active scans enabled, you get this pop-up after nearly every action?
2019-09-26_21-16_chrome_Z8rquKxnRK.png
(130.21 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
Zoom out, it pops up. Zoom in, it pops up. Scroll right a few times, and you get a new pop-up for every scroll. Go into HN editor mode, pops up. Add an HN, pops up. I saw the comment on state proximity, but I'm editing in the middle of Texas, and this isn't the state notification.

Only way I appear to be able to turn it off is completely disable active scans. It doesn't show up if there are segments that do not match state standards.
jangliss
State Manager
State Manager

Post by jm6087
SkiDooGuy wrote:Updated to v2020.10.19.01

First public release version.

- Script can now be translated to any WME language
- Standards can be set for any country in the world
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ
SCR Wiki
[

Post by jm6087
v2021.03.09.01 Released

- Fixed issue caused by WME removing the Events mode
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ
SCR Wiki
[

Post by jm6087
YanisKyr wrote:This message comes up in Ireland where we don't have states enabled at all. Any progress on enabling the script for countries such us ourselves? :)

Can you provide a PL of where the multiple states popup happens?

I think that the script will work in other countries, please DM me a list of your lock standards and I will get with Bruce on it.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ
SCR Wiki
[

Post by Mikepedia
Just discovered this script and I'm already loving it! I have a question about the highlights for segments underlocked from standards while I'm an R3. As an example, in SCR, freeways are locked to L5. Currently a freeway segment locked to L1 and L4 both have a red highlight. Let's say I'm working on changes to the freeway and it's locked at 2. When I find these, I usually increase them to 3 while I'm working, and then request an up-lock when I'm done.

Would it be possible for the script to have a different color highlight for segments under-locked that I can raise compared to segments that I can't? For example, a freeway segment at 2 would highlight red because it's under-locked and I can do something about it, and a freeway segment at 4 would highlight a different color because while it's under-locked, I can't do anything about it. And in the count of under-locked segments the number could be 5/2 where 5 segments are underlocked, 2 of which I can raise myself?

Does that make sense? I totally understand if that's not something you want to implement, but as a R3 I stumble across segments that should be locked higher and I can do something about it while waiting for an R5 to come along and finish the up-lock.
Mikepedia
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

Post by g1220k
Great script, thank you very much!

I found the following issue:

The script works without problems as long as the manual state selection is not activated.
As soon as manual state selection is activated, no more segments for locking are searched or found.

Here is an example: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=r ... omLevel=15

The result with automatic sate selection:
automatic.jpg
(189.48 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

The result with manual state selection: 
manual.jpg
(190.2 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Could you be soo kind and check this?

g1220k
Country Manager
Country Manager

Post by g1220k
Feature request:

When I work near the border to our neighbor countries like here:

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=row&lon=14.99814&lat=48.84219&zoomLevel=16

Locksmith switches to “Multipe” states mode that’s correct but at the moment there is no Locksmith configuration for our neighbor countries so it would be a nice feature if Locksmith ignores states with no configuration.

g1220k
Country Manager
Country Manager