Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

High mobile data usage

Post by 946cbccf62894507a6604ff5aecbd405
My data for 3 journeys has used 70MB I am taxi driver and use it quite a lot this is extremely high data usage.
946cbccf62894507a6604ff5aecbd405

POSTER_ID:17879455

Send a message

Post by akslowcar
Sad but for me not.
akslowcar
Send a message

Post by ArchieHasAntlers
turbomkt wrote:There is a BUG report in Centercode regarding this, with a few beta testers reporting seeing it. I have also added at least one non-beta tester's data to the mix. They also tried the clear TTS with the same results.
Hi, I'm the guy whose data you submitted. Just to keep everyone here in the loop, the issue has apparently been ID'd but no ETA on a fix as of yet.
ArchieHasAntlers
Send a message

Post by Artemis_Clyde_Frog
turbomkt wrote:
Mvan231 wrote:Maybe the recent 4.55.1.0 update fixed the problem?
It was supposed to fix this.
It does not appear to have done this. Same abnormally high data usage on the commute home yesterday.
Artemis_Clyde_Frog
Send a message

Post by AteBotBo
kbob3142 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:59 am Before anyone asks

http://tripp.com.au/share/waze.jpg

My question is how did removed apps and users use data?

AteBotBo
Send a message

Post by BeThereRealSoon
I just saw this thread - I have been encountering a similar problem. Since my new cycle started, waze used 400mb in 2 day (about 4 hours of usage)!

I had tried a fresh install - and don't use any streaming apps with waze.
BeThereRealSoon
Send a message

Post by BeThereRealSoon
Thanks for the response. I looked at that thread. I don't think that is the issue:
1-the problem has begun within the last 2 months
2-I am traveling the same route each day - the map is already downloaded.
BeThereRealSoon
Send a message

Post by BeThereRealSoon
thanks for the suggestion, but I am not using android auto.
BeThereRealSoon
Send a message

Post by BeThereRealSoon
Sorry, I use android.

Sent from my Moto G6 Plus using Tapatalk
BeThereRealSoon
Send a message

Post by BeThereRealSoon
pascal_bdx wrote:Hello gentlemen,

Like you, I noticed after July 15 a significant increase in the consumption of my mobile data. After doing some tests, and being helped by Google's Dataly application, I noticed that each time Waze was launched, about 20 MB of data was retrieved on my Android phone. After looking for what this data could be, I finally found: Waze repatriates at each launch the language files located in the Waze folder. It renames those already present with a double character ~~ and redownloads these same files. Total download: 26 MB at each launch. If you launch Waze 4 times a day (which is fast when you move), it is fast 100 MB per day, 3 GB per month! I hope the Waze team is working on the problem, because personally I have tried everything: uninstall Waze cleanly, reinstall it, delete my data, etc. The problem is systematic ... And I do not see how get myself out of it. I guess since July 15th, a script is causing this bug on some user accounts (since everyone is not concerned) ...
Which folder did you find those files? I have that problem but I cannot find where the files are located.

Wait - I see it too. In "/data/data/com.waze/" Lots of lang.* data files all from today! All are duplicated, one having ~~ at the end.

Sent from my Moto G6 Plus using Tapatalk
BeThereRealSoon
Send a message