These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by rumburake
I have an Android 8 Chinese headunit and I rotate 3 free data cards 200MB/month each from Three.
For more than one year, each card was enough to get me through at least half a month with my daily commute, about 40 miles / 50 miles every day. When one card is finished I would change it with the next one, data allowance resets every month.

Even if I moved and my commute is now reduced by more than half, during the last 2 weeks my data was done in a day! Every time I realize that I have no connection, I change the card with a fresh 200MB one. By the next day there is no data left! I look at app usage, nothing but Waze has a spike and it used 235MB and so on.

There's clearly something wrong that happened to the Waze app! :evil:
rumburake
Send a message

Post by supriano
Do you get an reply from them or just this automated message? I'm also having more thab 100mb per day issue and it's being impossible to use waze.
supriano
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
Is it possible you're seeing initial download of things like audio files? I suggest waiting for a full week or two of driving to see where it ends up.
turbomkt  
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
In the last 30 days, Waze has used a total of 235MB. I'm pretty sure I cleared TTS data at least once in there.
turbomkt  
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
Some discussion on Discord makes it sound like this may be due to corrupt tts files. You might try the following. This should work just fine on WiFi so you don't use extra data.

Tap search and enter cc@tts then tap the search button. You should get one or more alerts about clearing TTS. Once it's done, restart the app and keep track of your data usage going forward.
turbomkt  
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
There is a BUG report in Centercode regarding this, with a few beta testers reporting seeing it. I have also added at least one non-beta tester's data to the mix. They also tried the clear TTS with the same results.
turbomkt  
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
It was stated in the beta forums. I have pressed that it should be a hot fix rather than rolled out with the next production version, but don't expect success.
turbomkt  
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
This will be addressed in the next app update.
turbomkt  
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
Mvan231 wrote:Maybe the recent 4.55.1.0 update fixed the problem?
It was supposed to fix this.
turbomkt  
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
world_fyedjyn7 wrote:Has this problem been fixed? I ask because my mobile contract has only 5Gb of data
The last post was over a year ago.

What are you seeing on your phone? My heaviest month of the last 4 months (per Android) was 248MB. That's probably 60-90 minutes of use per day.
turbomkt  
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike