Post by laacz
This might not be a good time, but as far as backwards compatibility breaking goes, I'd fully support switching over to OpenLayers v3 or even more recent version. No sarcasm, no nothing. Just do it :)
laacz
Send a message

Post by LeighGr
titchy_ wrote:"No address" appears when selecting segments that do have complete addresses. Appears to be temperamental.
It's been driving me nuts since last night. Refresh the window, segments - OK, zoom out - OK, zoom in - all visible segments have 'non-existent StreetID'. Pan that segment off the screen and pan back, then it's ID is OK.

Waze 4.3?? Maybe I need to update my signature!
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by Mvan231
I've noticed that after closing a UR and saving, the UR shows on the map still instead of being hidden. The option in the layers menu is turned off. If I enable the layer to show all URs then disable it again, the URs will be hidden again as they should be.
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Have to agree with everyone complaining.... the quality of this release is really disappointing. I know that WME beta testers are reporting problems before they go to prod, I cannot understand why in the world they are allowed to get pushed out anyway.

This along with the really lousy UI design updates which I am sure are well-intentioned but frankly are horrible....looks like we're cycling back into one of those low periods where quality goes all to heck until enough of the right people make a LOT of noise to get someone's attention high enough up the food chain at HQ and the light is once again shined on quality control and user feedback again for a little while. Right now I don't see much evidence that whoever is making these design and release decisions is actually paying attention.

Until that happens, I guess we should prepare for the winter of waiting.... :cry: :evil:
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
I take back my previous comment about the quality of this release being "disappointing". After more time to reflect, there are no excuses for this many major bugs to be released to the wild. None. If this were any commercial product, the company's reputation would be damaged beyond repair and they'd go out of business. This is a junk quality release and someone should held accountable for allowing it to happen. Waze DEPENDS on us volunteer editors to make their product viable, but they can't be depended upon to make sure we can do our VOLUNTEER work effectively. That's a really inexcusably badly broken business model.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Last edited by SeveriorumPatrem on Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by shmupi
IL UR times are still off by 3 hours forward

Shmupi
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by smokingtree
1. Lots of scripts do not work anymore.

2. In the last update, info of any places off-road too far or conflicting street name applied cannot be correctly displayed, which had caused "no address" a lot. In this update, even segments (roads) have this problem which is more troublesome.
smokingtree
Send a message
Middlesboro KY AM based in Cockeysville MD

Reachable area: https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid ... qGqLLW-sZS

Honk if you don't exist!
[/s]

Post by subs5
smokingtree wrote:2. In the last update, info of any places off-road too far or conflicting street name applied cannot be correctly displayed, which had caused "no address" a lot. In this update, even segments (roads) have this problem which is more troublesome.
If there was a House Number with the same street/city pairing as the RPP that is being saved has then there is a distance that the RPP's triangle has to be to the anchor point of the HN. Even if the HN is deleted the anchor point is remembered until the 2nd TU after the HN was deleted. This is described in step 5 of the RPP Creation section in the Places wazeopedia.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by tenetienne
I just encountered the No Address problem in NYC so I disabled scripts, checked the segment, it had an address, enabled scripts, checked again and then I had all the address information.
titchy_ wrote:"No address" appears when selecting segments that do have complete addresses. Appears to be temperamental.
Yes, I agree with temperamental.
tenetienne  
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message