Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Nuisance hazard flags

Post by aryqm
In my area there are a number of rail crossings. And every single one of them has been flagged – apparently by the railroad authority itself – as “object on road”. I don’t object to the crossings being marked, but there’s hardly even a bump as you cross the tracks. The description adds a warning not to turn your car onto the tracks – which isn’t visible unless you click on the description and read it while driving through the intersection (unsafe).

These hazard flags can’t be removed by the average user. Believe me. I’ve tried.

Is there any way to curb these nuisance flags? Or a way to make a new notification specifically for this purpose? The way these are currently marked isn’t making the roads any safer — I’d make a case that they’re making these rail crossings less safe, because people are likely to be looking at their screen instead of the road while they try to make sense of the hazard flag.

It’s not one or two rail crossings. We’re talking about dozens of flags. I haven’t visited every intersection, but the ones I see daily are properly marked with road paint and signs. All have large flashing lights and barriers that drop down if there’s a train. Some of the crossings have “Exempt” signs by them, making them even less of a hazard than non-exempt crossings.

Any help would be appreciated!
aryqm

POSTER_ID:17613912

Send a message

Post by aryqm
I can do that!

I knew if I dropped this in the forum someone would have a useful idea. Thanks!
aryqm
Send a message

Post by jm6087
aryqm wrote:In my area there are a number of rail crossings. And every single one of them has been flagged – apparently by the railroad authority itself – as “object on road”. I don’t object to the crossings being marked, but there’s hardly even a bump as you cross the tracks. The description adds a warning not to turn your car onto the tracks – which isn’t visible unless you click on the description and read it while driving through the intersection (unsafe).

These hazard flags can’t be removed by the average user. Believe me. I’ve tried.

Is there any way to curb these nuisance flags? Or a way to make a new notification specifically for this purpose? The way these are currently marked isn’t making the roads any safer — I’d make a case that they’re making these rail crossings less safe, because people are likely to be looking at their screen instead of the road while they try to make sense of the hazard flag.

It’s not one or two rail crossings. We’re talking about dozens of flags. I haven’t visited every intersection, but the ones I see daily are properly marked with road paint and signs. All have large flashing lights and barriers that drop down if there’s a train. Some of the crossings have “Exempt” signs by them, making them even less of a hazard than non-exempt crossings.

Any help would be appreciated!
If these are being added by a CCP, I would suggest having your RC check into it.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by Mvan231
It would be better to add this into the feature suggestion section and put in an item into the feature suggestion box

https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... estion-box
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png