Post by Machete808
There seems to be a limit to the number of segments/nodes that can be multiselected for a closure. After about three or four selections, an attempt to open the closure panel seems locked. Clicking the button gives you this effect, but no access to the closure panel:
closureselect.png
(25.03 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
This is with all scripts off.
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
Last edited by Machete808 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by russblau
iainhouse wrote:Is there some internal requirement that all WME Devs should have 20/20 vision, with no form of colour blindness and are only allowed to work in perfect lighting conditions with minimum 28" FHD monitors? :evil:
Didn't you have to pass the physical when you signed up, Iain? :lol:
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by shmupi
Guys...this is getting ridiculous.

Either you stop breaking the scripts each time either you adopt them as part of the WME itself

The WME advanced closures for RTC is broken once again

viewtopic.php?f=819&t=261114&start=90

The community volunteer devs are not available 100% to fix it each time you break it.

Stop changing RTC related things with each release. The functionality stays the same each time so I'm not sure really why do you guys need to break it with each and each release.

Either implement the script as built in as an integral part as WME as you should have done from the begging of this functionality either stop breaking...or break once a year lets say

Thanks,
Shmupi
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by smajser
W1QA wrote:Few thoughts on the new WME House Numbers feature:

Should be easy enough to add code to support placing the house number in the correct location based on country addressing standards: 1234 Main St versus Tolakkerweg 216

WME HN NavPoints shows where the stop point is set. This is a MUST HAVE feature that is missing in the WME implementation. Doesn't matter much in city/urban environs but is a real benefit in ensuring correct navigation in semi-urban and rural locale.

The WME HN NavPoints script also uses four colours which includes an indication whether a HN was Waze added or editor added. I find the yellow highlight helps identify bogus HN.

It would be nice if we could also adjust the zoom level of when house numbers are displayed. When editing rural areas beneficial to be able to display house numbers when the map is showing a lot more area.

+1

Every word is in its place :)
smajser
Send a message

Post by steveinark
I believe there is a bug (beta & production) in street naming, at least I don't expect it is by design. It very possibly could have been around for several WME versions, since the issue that brought it to my attention is not that common.

With all scripts disabled (or not), when I try to change a street to a new name that is:
1. Exactly the same, except capitalization, or
2. It is a "shortened" version of a name, such that a list of pop-up name(s) is displayed

Selecting ENTER, to move to another field, or APPLY, to keep that single change, will result in the name reverting the "pop-up list" name that is HIGHLIGHTED. It will not keep the new name in the window as long as a pop-up choice is displaying.

It was discovered when I tried to changed "Vfw Rd" to "VFW Rd". It also occurs when I try to name a new "test segment" nearby as "VFW Rd" for it's original name. Pressing APPLY changes it to the unwanted "Vfw Rd".

Having fixed many basemap road names over the years, where the only update needed was internal capitalization, I'm pretty sure somewhere in the past, WME did not produce these same results.

My apologies if this is previously reported. I did quickly review the bug list. Same results in BETA, as expected. Found from post below, it is WAD. Sorry for post.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Last edited by steveinark on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)

Post by steveinark
Thanks.... didn't look far enough and deep enough. Appreciate the info.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)

Post by SunnyRaynbows
iainhouse wrote:There appears to be another change in this version that isn't documented in the release notes.

Segments with closures on them highlight in orange when hovered over or selected. Not a bad idea, except that the colour is very similar to the colour of a segment that has been edited but not yet saved.

So thank you Waze, once again, for introducing a useful feature that is devalued by a stupidly poor contrast level. Is there some internal requirement that all WME Devs should have 20/20 vision, with no form of colour blindness and are only allowed to work in perfect lighting conditions with minimum 28" FHD monitors? :evil:
Here is a screenshot.

https://i.ibb.co/kXbQQKp/Fullscreen-11-21-19-7-36-PM.png

While they do look similar, their application is different enough that it doesn't bother me since changes have to be made before closures can be edited. That said, however, I think there is room to differentiate the coloring particularly for those with colorblind issues that affect red and similar coloring.
SunnyRaynbows
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
SunnyRaynbows
Partner Coordinator
Assistant Regional Coordinator - Plains

Post by voludu2
In that image above, In "Via Merulana St. 209"
What does "St." stand for?

The road name there is "Via Merulana"

I see the same thing on segment after segment - For example "E 141st St St. 321".

What is the extra "St." for?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by W1QA
Few thoughts on the new WME House Numbers feature:

Should be easy enough to add code to support placing the house number in the correct location based on country addressing standards: 1234 Main St versus Tolakkerweg 216

WME HN NavPoints shows where the stop point is set. This is a MUST HAVE feature that is missing in the WME implementation. Doesn't matter much in city/urban environs but is a real benefit in ensuring correct navigation in semi-urban and rural locale.

The WME HN NavPoints script also uses four colours which includes an indication whether a HN was Waze added or editor added. I find the yellow highlight helps identify bogus HN.

It would be nice if we could also adjust the zoom level of when house numbers are displayed. When editing rural areas beneficial to be able to display house numbers when the map is showing a lot more area.
W1QA
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Webs101
I take care of a ton of closures on my iPhone.

Well, I used to. The changed to the road closure interface now mean that I have to guess where the trash can icon is supposed to be and if I tap in the wrong place, I get sent to the editing panel instead.

Until I guess correctly, I can't delete a closure.
Webs101
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 7
Send a message
https://shitcafe.com/waze/waze-sig.png
Global champ from Canada