Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME-LaneTools

Post by
LaneTools is a script that provides both visual map and interface enhancements and tools.

To install, click on the above link which will take you to GitHub. Click on "Raw" to install the script in Tampermonkey.
2020-12-07_12h55_10.png
Map enhancements
  • Dashed highlights on each half of a segment if there are lanes in that direction
    • A->B = Fwd
    • B->A = Rev
  • Displays the number of lanes in each direction in the center of the segment in the format {#FWD} / {#REV}
2019-10-10_20h13_03.png
  • Nodes with lanes with turns through them
  • Nodes with TIOs (turn instruction overrides)
2019-10-10_20h12_55.png
  • Solid highlight per segment half if there are missing lane turn associations with that direction
2019-10-10_20h13_09.png
2019-10-10_20h13_19.png

Toggle-able UI enhancements on the Lanes tab when a segment is selected:
  • User customizable colors for all highlight features
  • When a segment is selected, the lanes tab will automatically be opened
  • When the lanes tab is opened, all lane menus are auto expanded to the edit screen
  • The first lane # input element is focused
  • Fwd/Rev direction indication elements have been added to the lane edit sections
  • Click the street name above each set of lane check boxes to toggle all lanes in that row
  • Buttons allowing the deletion of either all forward or reverse lanes (R5+ and CMs)
2019-10-10_20h11_54.png
2019-10-10_20h13_31.png

As always, please let me know if there's any issues.

POSTER_ID:16831039

Send a message
Last edited by SkiDooGuy on Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Post by Inactive user -1673857766-
subs5 wrote:I am starting to get the error statement that "This segment is one way but has lanes set in the opposite direction. Click here to delete them." on some two way segments if both ends are not showing.

So not sure how it is determining one way when segment is set to be two way.
I was getting the same thing yesterday. Since I didn't have time (MapRaid) to trouble-shoot I just turned LaneTools off.
Inactive user -1673857766-
Send a message

WazingArch wrote:Hi, can you please take a look at the script - some of its smart features have disappeared - like the buttons to choose the number of lanes and the ability to suggest forward lanes.
This may be related to the ongoing bug in WME that locks up junction nodes after panning the map. Just refresh the map and the features you are missing now should return.
Send a message

WazingArch wrote:Hi, can you please take a look at the script - some of its smart features have disappeared - like the buttons to choose the number of lanes and the ability to suggest forward lanes.
This may be related to the ongoing bug in WME that locks up junction nodes after panning the map. Just refresh the map and the features you are missing now should return.
Send a message

Post by ABelter
SkiDooGuy wrote:Just uploaded v2020.05.05.01:

- LT will now flip the lane icons in the tab when the lanes are on a southbound direction
Would it be possible to make this a toggle setting? I personally have already gotten used to how it is by default, and I'm having to do extra mental gymnastics to get used to it being flipped.

The tolerances also seem to be quite loose for what counts as southbound, for example this predominantly eastbound segment is showing as flipped: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... =515700258

Thanks for this great script and its ever-expanding list of features :)
ABelter
Send a message
Andrew aka ABelter
State Manager / North Carolina
Traffic Event Marshal / South Atlantic Region (NC, SC, TN, KY)
andrew@wazenc.us

Post by ABelter
The "quick toggle all lanes" option seems to enable/disable with the Tab UI enhancements checkbox, even though it's listed separately under Advanced. Would be nice to have that separated out, as there are times when I'll go to add lanes when I have the UI enhancements turned off, but would still like the quick toggle option.

Also, the forum link on the update pop-up 404s
ABelter
Send a message
Andrew aka ABelter
andrew@wazenc.us

Post by ABelter
The ClickSaver functionality appears to be running even when the script is not enabled in settings, as well as when the UI enhancements settings are not enabled.
ABelter
Send a message
Andrew aka ABelter
andrew@wazenc.us

Post by ABelter
This update required manual re-installation for me. I'm also pretty sure that the github blob link will need to be replaced with the github raw link in the @updateURL parameter, otherwise it will continue to require manual updating
ABelter
Send a message
Andrew aka ABelter
andrew@wazenc.us

Post by abusimbel16
Great ideas, I hope that can be realized :)
abusimbel16
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by abusimbel16
This is just a little bug, see some comments above
abusimbel16
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message