Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Share initiatives and actions which made your community grow, from editor competitions to social media activities. Swap ideas and tips and help strengthen the global Waze community

You may have saved my family today, 6-13-2020

Post by 450644fd44ce41958f87e526ab889bb6
We drove to my grandson's 6th birthday party this morning, arriving a little after noon. The party was about 100 miles south of Atlanta.
We left to return home around 5 that evening, with an expected home arrival at around 7:30. Instead of going back straight through Atlanta, we were routed onto the perimeter.

Shortly after we go home, I discovered that civil disobedience had erupted into violence, and protesters had shut down the downtown section of I-75/85.

Thanks, WAZE. you might have saved our lives.
450644fd44ce41958f87e526ab889bb6

POSTER_ID:17938520

Send a message

Post by kumiankka
450644fd44ce41958f87e526ab889bb6 wrote:We drove to my grandson's 6th birthday party this morning, arriving a little after noon. The party was about 100 miles south of Atlanta.
We left to return home around 5 that evening, with an expected home arrival at around 7:30. Instead of going back straight through Atlanta, we were routed onto the perimeter.

Shortly after we go home, I discovered that civil disobedience had erupted into violence, and protesters had shut down the downtown section of I-75/85.

Thanks, WAZE. you might have saved our lives.
Thank you for your kind words. It is the large community of volunteer Waze map editors who makes these kind of quick map corrections and road closures happen. But ultimately, it is Waze (the company) who made it possible for us volunteer to edit the map in the first place, so you might want to thank the company as well. If needed, you can reach them via support form.

Thank you again for reaching out to us. We don't get too much positive feedback here.
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by nosinmirimmel
Que alegria, me emociona ver como el esfuerzo desinteresado de la comunidad ayuda y crea grandes bellas historias.
Un abrazo
nosinmirimmel
Send a message