Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Recording Mexico - Monterrey Roads

Post by achavero
Hi, first I would like to congratulate the team developing this app. I found it yesterday in the itunes app store and I found it an amazing idea.

So, I downloaded the app yesterday and started recording roads of the city of Monterrey Mexico that is two hours drive from the US-Tx border.

Today I wanted to edit my roads but still doesn't show up in the Archive. I dig into the forum and found that it takes around 24-48 hrs to show up, but do I have to warn somebody in the waze team that I'm recording roads outside US? Do you need me to send info to create the city, state, country info?

Also, another question that I have is that how do I know my recorded road was uploaded succesfully to the waze servers? Is this info uploaded immediately or after i stop recording? Or do I have to upload it manually?

I want to understand better how this works before telling my buddies to download it and use it.

Thanks for your help.
achavero

POSTER_ID:9035

Send a message

Post by achavero
Hi, it's been 4 days since I recorded my first road but nothing has appeared in the cartouche to edit the maps.

Where can I contact an administrator to check what happened?

Thanks
achavero
Send a message

Post by achavero
Hi, finally my roads are now in the cartouche. :D

I have a question, I have some roads that are in red with a lot of circles along the line. What do they mean?

Thanks
achavero
Send a message

Post by eberner
Hola,

Estoy tratando de arreglar el trazo en avenida Leones en Monterrey. El trazo actual tiene todo al mismo nivel, no reconoce que las rotondas/glorietas estan por encima de los pasos a desnivel. Esta hecho un desastre.

No se si alguien con un poco mas de experiencia lo pueda revisar.

Un ejemplo es Paseo de los Leones con Enrique C Livas, y continuando hacia el poniente hay mas igual...

Saludos
eberner
Send a message

Post by macneo
Welcome :)

You can start wazing whenever you want, you don't need to warn anybody.
When editing, you'll just have to select "Other" as your state, and then write the city name and street. Only if the system doesn't accept the city you'll have to ask an admin/mod to add that to the database.

As far as I know, there's no direct way to check if your data has been uploaded, you can only wait for the track to appear in your Archive. If they never get there… as before, contact an admin/mod for more specific help.
The data is transmitted live and automatically, straight from the mobile to their server. There's no manual upload.
macneo
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Red lines might also indicate that the road on the map was just too far away from your gps track to match it up.

Check the gps tracks, and see if a little massaging to the road geometry is needed.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by robin1979
Just start recording. Updates to the map take a little longer before they show up in the livemap (a couple of days), and even a bit longer than that before they show up on your phone.

Here are some other efforts of map tracing outside the US (all of them in Europe though):
Italy: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=253
Austria: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=178
Netherlands: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=296
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
Click on them. Usually circles mean something like 'gap'.
Red lines are new roads.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe