These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

CarPlay - User interface covers up roads

Post by joshbrw
Hello!

I've just started using Waze on Apple CarPlay after switching to Google Maps a few years ago (mostly due to Waze's aggressive routing strategy).

Unfortunately I'm hitting an issue where parts of the interface (such as the next direction panel) covers up parts of the upcoming road, meaning I cannot for example see where I need to go at a roundabout and therefore which lane I need to be in.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've used Google Maps, TomTom Go and Waze, and Waze is the only app that I've experienced this with. It also seems to be the only app where the road is centered on the screen, rather than being offset to the side opposite the navigation user interface elements. Maybe these issues are connected?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
joshbrw

POSTER_ID:17146235

Send a message

Post by Hugo_Moreira
Can you upload a printscreen of yor CarPlay screen?
Hugo_Moreira
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Hugo_Moreira
The screenshots with the problem might help more.
You can take it in a tragic light stop, for security. Taking a screen shot of your phone screen will also record the CarPlay screen (not sure if you knew that).

Also import is the Waze version, phone and car
Hugo_Moreira
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by joshbrw
Hugo_Moreira wrote:Can you upload a printscreen of yor CarPlay screen?
Sadly I've not been able to grab one as the overlapping issue only happens when driving, and I'd prefer to keep my attention on the road!

Would a screenshot showing the placement of the road on the CarPlay screen in general help?
joshbrw
Send a message