Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Toolbox 1.9.0+

Post by
Greetings all!

This will be the thread for Toolbox moving forward. (Previous thread) Huge thanks to Bellhouse and those that worked on previous versions! Bear with me while I get up to date with this script and bring it up to current standards and methods.

The script is delivered as a Chrome extension and Firefox Addon. The links below will take you to the relevant pages.

Chrome
Firefox

This was mainly a "begin to get things caught up again" release which addresses a couple major issues, but is more geared toward a massive internal re-work.

Code: Select all

1.9.0 (20201208)

Fix: UI text formatting results in misaligned text
Fix: Removed primary XMLHttpRequest causing console error and most script incompatibilities
Fix: TB will now only create the layers for the highlights you have active!!!! 
Update: Moved configuration/options to the TB tab rather than the toolbar
Update: Disabled several functions due to issues preventing them working. These will be enabled as they are fixed.
Update: Updated country rights settings for Australia
Last edited by SkiDooGuy on Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by abusimbel16
If this had been in the description, I probably would not have asked. Then I have to look in the map for such places :D
abusimbel16
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Post by age4670
jm6087 wrote:
age4670 wrote:Just wondering what the latest is with the simplify segments button. It's been missing for a while and I thought it was fixed but maybe I'm getting confused with the highlighting?
It appears to be working for me.

According to the WMETB Country Settings for Australia, the Simplifiable segments highlight should be available for L5, L6, L3 w/ AM, or CM (which should cover you)

The AutoFix option should be available when a segment is selected for L5, L6, L3 w/ AM, or CM (which should also cover you)

Thanks for checking :)

I used to have it (AM with L4 is ticked in the Aus spreadsheet) but it disappeared some time since the Falcon Map Raid.

I have reinstalled the Chrome plugin and also checked in Firefox but it is still missing.

Anything else that can be checked? It was my most used tool and I am really missing it :( It is possible it disappeared when I moved up to L4. A permission problem maybe?
age4670  
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 1

Post by age4670
linguasaltitante wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:14 am Good morning.

Sometimes we found unneeded nodes in roundabouts like the one shown in the picture:
https://i.ibb.co/qDhsdLk/as.png

I'm not aware of any reason for them to exist and be maintained on map (I'm sorry if I'm wrong / for my ignorance).

Is possible to implement on Toolbox the possibility to delete such nodes on "suppress unneeded junctions" button!?

Thanks

That looks like a left over node from when the segments leading into the roundabout were divided. There is an option to redo the roundabout (the one with the red arrows) which will remove those nodes.

This is encouraged to perform after dividing as it does two things - gets rid of any excess nodes and also fixes any out of whack geometry from when the new segments where connected (including geonodes too far apart or too close to connected nodes).

Unfortunately the redo function affects all segments in the roundabout not just the one with the extra node. This is why we encourage to do it when the incoming segments are divided.
age4670  
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 1

Post by ancho85
SkiDooGuy wrote:

Code: Select all

1.9.0 (20201208)

Fix: Removed primary XMLHttpRequest causing console error and most script incompatibilities
Great news! Many thanks!!

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk
ancho85
Coordinators
Coordinators

Post by Andy_Na
Hey

THX a lot to all who helped to improve the toolbox.

Small suggestion: What about an option to turn ON/OFF the toolbox without using the browsers extensions-tabs?
e.G. inside the settings tab in the left sidepanel or in the toolbox-bar itself.

Regards
Andy

Andy_Na
State Manager
State Manager
Bundeslandmanager/State Manager Berlin/Brandenburg
Area Manager Region Remstal, Filstal, A8 (Alb/Fildern)

https://www.ib-ziessow.de/images/waze/rip_tsd66.png

Post by Andy_Na
sketch wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:51 pm
ojlaw wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:51 pmlike the power button that is included?Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 4.48.25 AM.png

That button only turns off/on Toolbox’s non-lock highlights, it doesn’t affect the other features. 

Yes, to turn off ALL toolbox features. e.G. to create screenshots for wazeopedia/forum without effects of any script.
E.g. if you like to create tutorials for new editors or like to check if a bug is from WME or a script.
Andy_Na
State Manager
State Manager

Post by Andy_Na
JohnDoe75 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:57 am ...you need to uncheck TB in the extensions first

Thanks in advance

This leads to my suggestion a view weeks ago, toolbox should easily be 100% switchable without opening the extensions tab.

Andy

Andy_Na
State Manager
State Manager

Post by Andy_Na
RussPA wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:49 am To be fair, the edit house number problem is a WME bug, not related to Toolbox.
And toolbox does have a power-off switch in its toolbar, but I don't know if it has the same effect as toggling it off in Extensions.

As mentioned by @sketch earlier this year
That button only turns off/on Toolbox’s non-lock highlights, it doesn’t affect the other features. 
This is why I suggested a complete on/off switch.
But in the moment we have other issues regarding the new WME design. But in my mind this button should be an easier step as solving the other problems.
As far as I know the main problem is the inactive programmer of the toolbox :(

Andy_Na
State Manager
State Manager