Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Toolbox 1.9.0 - 1.9.29 (New thread linked below and on last page)

Post by
 NOTE:  This Toolbox forum thread is being closed.  Please see the new one here: WME Toolbox 1.9.30+

Greetings all!

This will be the thread for Toolbox moving forward. (Previous thread) Huge thanks to Bellhouse and those that worked on previous versions! Bear with me while I get up to date with this script and bring it up to current standards and methods.

The script is delivered as a Chrome extension and Firefox Addon. The links below will take you to the relevant pages.

Chrome  (link removed ~ see new thread for updates
Firefox  (link removed ~ see new thread for updates   

This was mainly a "begin to get things caught up again" release which addresses a couple major issues, but is more geared toward a massive internal re-work.

Code: Select all

1.9.0 (20201208)

Fix: UI text formatting results in misaligned text
Fix: Removed primary XMLHttpRequest causing console error and most script incompatibilities
Fix: TB will now only create the layers for the highlights you have active!!!!
Update: Moved configuration/options to the TB tab rather than the toolbar
Update: Disabled several functions due to issues preventing them working. These will be enabled as they are fixed.
Update: Updated country rights settings for Australia
 NOTE:  This Toolbox forum thread is being closed.  Please see the new one here: WME Toolbox 1.9.30+

POSTER_ID:16831039

Send a message
Last edited by SkiDooGuy on Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Inactive user -1673857766-
There appears to be a problem with the measuring tool since the update.

An interstate merge lane that measured about 200 ft from last geometry node to the junction node yesterday measures about 18.7 ft now. A temp road segment drawn next to it still measures 200 ft according to WME.
Inactive user -1673857766-
Send a message

jm6087 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:12 pm Additionally, there may be other conflicts happening for the house numbers as well. 

I have Toolbox running and can add house number with no problem (once in house number mode ~ still can't use the "H" key to enter house number mode but that is native as well)
The only thing I disabled in my script list is Housenumber to POI and adding house numbers works fine for me.

Someone else I know disabled what I think is their version of that script (HN2RPP) and it did not help.  They also turned off Toolbox and it did not help.

For me there were a few streets that I could not edit HNs even after I turned off all the HN scripts. For those few I had to turn off Toolbox to edit HNs. I have no idea what the connection is. 

Send a message

grif_oli wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:11 pm Hi, I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this issue right now: WME Toolbox isn't loading at all on Chrome latest version.

I've tried uninstalling and installing again WME Toolbox, but no luck.

I had that trouble a few days ago for a couple of hours but it's been loading fine since then. Generally I don't have nearly as many problems with TB as others have mentioned, and I suspect that is related to which scripts are active. I'm using Chrome Version 108.0.5359.125

Send a message

ribeiromendes7 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:10 am Toolbox 1.9.17 not working on chrome 108.0.5359.125 :(

I'm using the same versions of both and having no problems. Perhaps it's a conflict with another script.

Send a message

Post by abusimbel16
I also have not yet figured out what the button does
abusimbel16
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by abusimbel16
If this had been in the description, I probably would not have asked. Then I have to look in the map for such places :D
abusimbel16
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by age4670
jm6087 wrote:
age4670 wrote:Just wondering what the latest is with the simplify segments button. It's been missing for a while and I thought it was fixed but maybe I'm getting confused with the highlighting?
It appears to be working for me.

According to the WMETB Country Settings for Australia, the Simplifiable segments highlight should be available for L5, L6, L3 w/ AM, or CM (which should cover you)

The AutoFix option should be available when a segment is selected for L5, L6, L3 w/ AM, or CM (which should also cover you)

Thanks for checking :)

I used to have it (AM with L4 is ticked in the Aus spreadsheet) but it disappeared some time since the Falcon Map Raid.

I have reinstalled the Chrome plugin and also checked in Firefox but it is still missing.

Anything else that can be checked? It was my most used tool and I am really missing it :( It is possible it disappeared when I moved up to L4. A permission problem maybe?
age4670
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by age4670
linguasaltitante wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:14 am Good morning.

Sometimes we found unneeded nodes in roundabouts like the one shown in the picture:
https://i.ibb.co/qDhsdLk/as.png

I'm not aware of any reason for them to exist and be maintained on map (I'm sorry if I'm wrong / for my ignorance).

Is possible to implement on Toolbox the possibility to delete such nodes on "suppress unneeded junctions" button!?

Thanks

That looks like a left over node from when the segments leading into the roundabout were divided. There is an option to redo the roundabout (the one with the red arrows) which will remove those nodes.

This is encouraged to perform after dividing as it does two things - gets rid of any excess nodes and also fixes any out of whack geometry from when the new segments where connected (including geonodes too far apart or too close to connected nodes).

Unfortunately the redo function affects all segments in the roundabout not just the one with the extra node. This is why we encourage to do it when the incoming segments are divided.
age4670
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by age4670
Has anyone been having problems with the "clear road geometry" and "cut segment" options? They are greyed out for me :(

I was able to get them working by switching to the beta extension but this has stopped working now too...

TB doesn't seem to be recognising that a segment is selected as if I click on the properties tab I get the message "WME Toolbox: No segment selected".

No errors or messages that I can find in the console.

age4670
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message