Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by demonhunter91
I hope this is the correct thread. If not, I apologize. I have been having issues with Waze for quite some time now. Some of the issues I have been having include: 
  1. The trip status bar not updating as you travel along your route nor are slowdowns or incidents updated in the bar
  2. my car disappearing
  3. traffic data such as slowdowns are either missing or do not update while navigating. There have been several times that I've been in heavy traffic and it hasn't shown even when the slowdown is a few miles ahead. I will have to exit the app completely and start my route again for it to update traffic data. I know there is a two-minute refresh rate, but often that timeframe has already occurred. 
I am running Android 12 on a Moto G Stylus 5G (2022). I have cleared the cache several times and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Waze version: 4.84.0.2
demonhunter91
Send a message

Post by g4il1
Bug with the new bottom-placed search field.

When you are not navigating and you come to a standstill by for example traffic lights the advertisement pop's down and also the now bottom-place search field is coming up and is covering half of the speedometer.

When the advertisement then goes away after a little while or when you start driving the, to be honest, cursed search field is still left and covering the Speedometer until one click on the top of the search field or restart the app.

Highly annoying and I am guessing a bug?

Also If we have chosen not to show the Search Field in the settings it should never be shown on the map unless we want to do a search and click for that via the menu.
It is just annoying and takes up unnecessary space.
g4il1
Send a message

Post by Gatekeeper_SE
v4.74.03
The lower bars "My Waze" and "Where to" is hiding 25 % of the map screen. Speedo and Reporting icons are sometimes hidden by the bars. In landscape mode more than 33% of the map is hidden by the bars. It's very annoying. Is it possible to have them hidden and open them as a drawer or go back to previous UI?
Gatekeeper_SE
Send a message

Post by GRN96WS6
Make the unnecessary chime when acknowledging an alert stop, it never used to do this until recent updates and Waze support was useless to try to get them to understand. I don't need a chime when I acknowledge an alert such as police, pothole, hazard, etc . 
GRN96WS6
Send a message

Post by hunglider
Hi there,

I have a very strange issue. All roundabouts exits are displayed in the car navi seems like a turn back, should it be straight, left or right turn through the roundabout.
Waze version: 4.75
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Android: 11
Car: Mercedes CLA 2021

Attached are the example screenshots
The issue does not exist if I use Google Maps navigation as the pictures show.

Is that a car issue or an app issue?

Waze:
https://i.ibb.co/kDZ4Lj4/Direction-from-Waze.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/z7md6RN/Multimedia-Waze.jpg

Google Maps at the same roundbout:

https://i.ibb.co/cDMd1F5/Direction-from-Google-maps.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/zsfHSVN/Multimedia-Google-maps.jpg

Further Waze sample, same "turn back" arrow for left turn as well:
https://i.ibb.co/KqwQ8F2/Left-turn-on-m ... isplay.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/8rdwTzD/Left-turn-on-car-display.jpg

hunglider
Send a message

Post by I10101110
Audio cutoff has to be coded correctly. 

Example: On a highway which later has a split for two various roadways with very long names. If I want to say, put directions to work to see the ETA then select stop on that planned route the audio will keep going on for the directions until the end. 

Continue north of NJ turnpike I95 (PRESS STOP) cars/trucks/buses to exit 15e 15 x lincoln tunnel new york etc. In five miles exit right to exit 15 15x lincoln tunnel new york, etc

As you can see, pressing stop shortly after the route is loaded will not stop the entire audio navigation which at times can be extremely extremely long. 

Google Pixel 5, Android 12 (4/12/22), Waze 4.82.5.1 (even previous versions had this issue) 
I10101110
Send a message

Post by jm6087
n8nagel wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:02 pm
n8nagel wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:36 pm I am having an issue where I cannot access the "report" menu while my phone is in landscape mode

full description in this thread here

viewtopic.php?p=2223392

have been having this issue for months, not sure when it started.  Unfortunately, there have been several weeks where I've had my Jeep laid up for maintenance so as a result I have been completely unable to report as there isn't enough room in my car to rotate the phone to portrait mode.

I'm still having this issue, I'm now running 4.82.5.1 is nobody else experiencing this or is this just not considered an important issue to fix?  I'm still completely unable to report while driving my car.

I am not seeing this issue myself.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
kumiankka wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:35 pm What's the official status of multiple entry points of places (point/area/RPP)? Works? Does not work? Depends? Anyone's guess? It used to work only on iOS but not on Android. That's quite old information though.

Pretty much no change.  works on iOS but not on Android
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
TrafficStatMan wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:01 am Why is multitouch required to adjust zoom on Waze's Android app but not the Android Auto app?

This is an important accessibility and usability issue. When I use multiwindow on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 (running Android 14), Waze doesn't always respond to multitouch gestures like pinch to zoom. I cannot rely on the non-multitouch gesture that works in Google Maps and other map apps where you tap twice then drag your finger up or down to adjust zoom.

This largely prevents me from using Waze when I need to use a stylus for accessibility reasons. There's no real way to do multitouch gestures while using a stylus.

I don't have this issue, the app does not require multitouch to drag the map, only to zoom in/out.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
The best place to ask for feature requests is here: https://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223 ... estion-box
We recommend adding your suggestion there, or upvoting a similar suggestion to make it more popular to the developers.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ