Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Waze on Android

Post by
Play wrote:WHAT'S NEW
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with this update:

Fixed a bug that prevented some drivers from entering their password.
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.69

POSTER_ID:17152350

Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1698827717-
Same issue here for ages now. 

I run a full android head unit that running android 8.1. 

About a year ago I updated waze as I haven't done it in ages. Ever since then the search bar doesn't hide whilst driving without directions. 

Damn annoying. 

Anyone know which waze version to roll back to that still auto hides the search bar but also has google assistant?

​​​​
​​​​​
Inactive user -1698827717-
Send a message

AGSchlottfeldt
Send a message

Post by AlaDeenDino
I have the same problem, I use Waze on AA with Android 8 and over the last 2 months I have had to downgrade AA a couple of times.
It seems that AA 7.7.622143 is the latest version that works for me, Waze is displayed (no black screen) and it doesn't need to update (yet).
AlaDeenDino
Send a message

Post by AleqCZ
Screenshot_20210925-122332~2.png
(506.38 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
 Hi, 
I'm on 4.77 and I'm experiencing for some time already SMALL font (difficult to read) on distance to destination and time to destination. I have the feeling it started to occur only from time to time and a restart of the app did help but now on Pixel 5 it's permanent. I'm having big troubles to read or while driving. 
Is there any chance to bring back previous size please? 

And second topic - is anyone using android gestures also having troubles closing the app? Gesture for back by dragging the edge of the screen often just show the question to leave the app for a fraction of a second and the immediately cancels it... 

Thanks, Best regards 
A. 

AleqCZ
Send a message

Post by bigcid10
Waze and Android auto with cool walk is not working with the most current beta out there I am a beta user
I have a pioneer dmh-2660 nex 6.8in display
Google maps and also sygic work fine with the new format but not Waze
Waze 4.93.0.1
bigcid10
Send a message

Post by BorjaAsturias
After the latest app updates, the search bar is always shown while you are in the map view. It is possible to hide it?

This bar takes up a large part of the screen (especially on horizontal screens ) and is a bit annoying... In some cases you can't even see the navigation icon... 

The best option would be to have this bar as optional only... Could this be possible?

You can see in the picture below how it looks on my android radio...

https://i.postimg.cc/R06PxFzh/IMG-3139.jpg

BorjaAsturias
Send a message

Post by BorjaAsturias
Totally agree with your comments regarding the search bar.... totally annoying 

https://i.postimg.cc/R06PxFzh/IMG-3139.jpg
BorjaAsturias
Send a message

Post by christantoan
When saving a place found using Plus Code coordinate system, the place will be saved without its address/coordinate listed.
iMarkup_20230131_143935.png
(66.46 KiB) Downloaded 240 times

Also, after navigating to such places, it will be stored as blanks in the recent destination list which makes it difficult to reuse them.

iMarkup_20230131_143358.png
(137.98 KiB) Downloaded 240 times

iMarkup_20230131_143307.png
(182.47 KiB) Downloaded 233 times

christantoan
Send a message

Post by davidelang
The removal of the ability to run Waze on multiple devices at the same time is becoming far more annoying to me. I have an Android head unit in one car, will be adding one in another car, and then have my phone and tablet.

The fact that opening Waze on one device turns it off on other devices is becoming more of a problem for me. It's forcing me to find other apps.

Yes, I could create separate accounts for each device, but besides the hassle of managing that, the different devices would no longer be able to see the history of places that I commonly drive.

If there was a paid subscription that would let me re-enable the ability to use multiple devices on a single account, I would happily pay it.
davidelang
Send a message

Post by DavidHortonSpeedy
Use case: I have an Android radio head unit in my car with a pretty big screen. I use split-screen mode to show both the map (preferably Waze) and a music app.

Starting a year or two ago, Waze stopped updating my location on the map while in split screen mode (unless Waze is the last app that was "touched").

Please update Waze so that it will update location on the map while in split-screen mode and the other app was touched more recently.
DavidHortonSpeedy
Send a message