Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Waze on iOS

Post by RussPA
App wrote:What's New
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with this update:

Fixed a bug that caused the app to close when updating the map.
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.69

RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Answers: 4

POSTER_ID:17152350

Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by Slow-Subaru
FEEDBACK

It would be great if there is an option for AUTO-SLEEP the iPhone is not active in CarPlay mode.

i.e.
CarPlay's user, as soon as the iPhone connects to the car unit. The Waze wakes from sleep or stay awake as normally. Once I disconnect it from my car, the app should auto-sleep after hiding it into the background. Presently, I have to hit that little power button in the Waze to put it to sleep every time or close the app entirely.

State:
Waze in background + not connected to CarPlay = SLEEP (stop using GPS and motion sensor; battery draining)
Waze in background + connected to CarPlay = ACTIVE
Waze in focus on screen + not connected to CarPlay = ACTIVE
Waze in focus on screen + connected to CarPlay = ACTIVE

Today, the app runs in background constant GPS update and motion sensing is killing the iPhone battery + runs hot.
Slow-Subaru
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
Hi,It seems after the issues dark mode is not showing in Carplay, the reverse is happening. Lately I get the situation that dark mode is showing when it's not needed. The thing is that not even everything is in dark mode: only the map is that  far, the rest is in daylight mode.
There might be a pattern that this mixed mode is happening after one starts Waze after a drive in dark mode (eg a drive during the day after a drive early in the morning when it's still dark). A drive after this 'mixed' mode during the day happens as expected.
Cheers,
Eddy

searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by scoza05
I'm an iPhone user and I've tried 'hey Google report pot hole' (amongst other things) and I get the Google graphic at the bottom of the screen acknowledging my hey Google but nothing else happens. I'm on version 4.92.90.900. I've seen another post for what to say but there's no indication that you need to say hey Google?
scoza05
Send a message

Post by Salorius
Voice output is not working properly. Only fragmented words, uttered.
any fix?
Salorius
Send a message

Post by S44NYL
S44NYL wrote:4.71

Now crashes with no network error...

Not to be a negative navy but who is testing?
Confirmed broken totall on three different handsets in UK
S44NYL
Send a message

Post by S44NYL

Now crashes with no network error...

Not to be a negative navy but who is testing?
S44NYL
Send a message

Post by S44NYL
Crashes when pressing fuel prices near a fuel station.

Does not happen when no fuel stations near by. Introduced with 4.70.

Uninstalled/ reinstalled. Happens with dummy account also.
S44NYL
Send a message

Post by rpremuz
On iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 17.2 and Waze 4.100 I noticed an issue with navigation sound.

If you set Voice and sound > Play sound via: Device default
then the navigation sound on the iPhone speaker is loud and you can control it with volume up/down.

But if you set Voice and sound > Play sound via: Play on phone speaker
then the navigation sound on the iPhone speaker is faint even though you set both the phone volume to max level and guidance volume to max level.

-- rpr.

rpremuz
Send a message

Post by NeverDiesCool
Waze keeps deafaulting to my car sterol even when I have Bluetooth off.  WTH is going on with Waze 
NeverDiesCool
Send a message