These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jonv-uk
Drives are not being uploaded to the server so they don't appear in WME
jonv-uk
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by KaiLangThang
I have an opinion, why didn't the development team design the notification function on apple watch similar to apple's MAP application?
Or the notification on background when we using other apps? 

Thank you.
KaiLangThang
Send a message

Post by krzysMac
Hello to all. I'm Kristofer.  :D
 I using Waze just about, i think when Waze started on iOS. And i loved this app.
So, since the apple maps relased new version i think time to change something in Waze. Those two little changes in UI will make Waze more readable and clear. 
Change no 1.  Speed Limit sign - it will be more readable if this sign will be that big like speedometer (picture1).  And, it will be good if speed limit sign be moved uder speedometr.
 Change no. 2  Line Assist - can it be possible if Line Assist Arrows
will be that big like on Apple Maps. On Apple Car Play those arrows are to small and hard to read. I thin 50% larger or more will be nice. (picture 2)

And i found one issue. In Poland when the name of the street is to long, one character or more are placed to the next line, like in this picture. (picture 3) 

I think that all. This two little changes will make Waze more perfect and easy to read on Carplay, what do U think?

Good day
Kristofer.

krzysMac
Send a message

Post by ktmgordo
Been trying to find the right thread for this, as I have version 4.92.1.0 with the new user interface, and it's really annoying.

My muscle memory for shutting down Waze at the end of a journey is bottom left (magnifying glass), then top right (standby button), but now it's in the 'hamburger' bottom top left, and the 'sleep mode' option is halfway down the screen.

What's more frustrating is if you are navigating and stop mid-route. If there's a direction showing at the top of the screen, the 'hamburger' isn't visible so you cannot tap it to access 'sleep mode'. Consequently as you walk around you get Waze chirping away as it recalculates or it starts spouting random directions from your pocket.

Please could we have a method of putting Waze in to sleep mode without having to also end the journey? If you do that, when you get back in the car and re-open Waze it won't automatically resume your route as it does if you put it in 'sleep mode'.

Thank you.
ktmgordo
Send a message
Gordon

Post by Kyokushin4
Now any sounds are gone for all iOS users in 4.81.2.0 version. Raised in ticket # 00909184 but nobody cares.

Also described here:
viewtopic.php?p=2220901#p2220901

There is no fix, it is working fine on old version =11.0pt4.80.2.1  that i have no updated on older phone. The new version is simply bugged, your phones are OK.
I checked on three different phones, two users, two cars (in Carplay its also broken).

Kyokushin4
Send a message

Post by Kyokushin4
worldweb_1s8154au wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:10 pm Version 4.81 ruined the sound alert signalling a speed limit breaking. More details here:  viewtopic.php?p=2220702#p2220702

I can confirm, tested on few devices and two cars, the new version have brokend all sound notifications  for all iOS users and devices. Dear Waze Team, kindly please fix it.
Kyokushin4
Send a message

Post by n8nagel
I just got a new company phone, and it's an iPhone SE 3rd gen.  I installed Waze on it because I may be without my personal phone for a few days as it needs warranty repair.  How do you iPhone users use Waze in the car if you also have the phone connected to your head unit by Bluetooth for phone calls?  My (android) personal phone has an option where I can use the BT connection for phone only so while I'm driving I can, e.g. listen to the radio and the Waze alerts will play through the phone's speaker, but if someone calls me the car's head unit will use the car's mic and speakers for the phone call.  On the iPhone, I don't seem to have that option; I either have it disconnected from BT entirely or else I need to have the head unit set to bluetooth sound for the input (I can't listen to the radio, a CD, another media player etc.)

Am I missing something here?  This seems like a pretty big issue and Waze has been out for over a decade, so I'm hoping that I'm just missing a workaround.
n8nagel
Send a message

Post by n8nagel
francrubio wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:55 pm
n8nagel wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:47 pm I just got a new company phone, and it's an iPhone SE 3rd gen.  I installed Waze on it because I may be without my personal phone for a few days as it needs warranty repair.  How do you iPhone users use Waze in the car if you also have the phone connected to your head unit by Bluetooth for phone calls?  My (android) personal phone has an option where I can use the BT connection for phone only so while I'm driving I can, e.g. listen to the radio and the Waze alerts will play through the phone's speaker, but if someone calls me the car's head unit will use the car's mic and speakers for the phone call.  On the iPhone, I don't seem to have that option; I either have it disconnected from BT entirely or else I need to have the head unit set to bluetooth sound for the input (I can't listen to the radio, a CD, another media player etc.)

Am I missing something here?  This seems like a pretty big issue and Waze has been out for over a decade, so I'm hoping that I'm just missing a workaround.

iOS does not allow you to split the bluetooth audio.
(i'm pretty sure this changed since iOS 14, because before i was able to do it)

So how are iPhone users running Waze?  Disabling BT is not a good option for me as MD, DC, and VA all have hands free laws (never mind that holding a phone while driving a stickshift isn't the best idea in the first place) and not answering my work phone is also not really a good solution.

n8nagel
Send a message

Post by n8nagel
No workaround to get alerts on iOS?

I'm just a little frustrated... Waze works great for me but only on an Android phone in portrait mode (see my post in the Android thread)... seriously, is anyone working on this?
n8nagel
Send a message

Post by n8nagel
Ended up using my work phone for Waze today and sound is working now.  4.82.5.0.  Now can we fix the Android version so I can report again please?

Edit: this isn't fixed.  When I selected the option to send Waze sound to the phone speaker, it apparently redirected my phone call audio to the local speaker as well, which doesn't work.  I found that out when a customer called me while I was running an errand this morning...

Edit2: This *is* finally fixed, or I had something misconfigured previously.  Either, way, this is how my phone is set up now.  in My Waze -> Settings -> Voice and Sound - Play Sound Via I have selected "Play on Phone Speaker" (the other options are Device Default and Play as Bluetooth Phone Call)  and in phone settings I have the phone connected to my Jeep's head unit.  I don't know why this wasn't working before but it is now, both for Waze navigation and for in vehicle phone calls.

Now what's still annoying is having to catch the phone when it's playing Waze audio to adjust the volume, but that is not a Waze issues it's an iPhone issue.  I still haven't figured out what the volume keys actually control when nothing is playing...

Still can't report in landscape mode in Android, but that's another issue for another thread.

n8nagel
Send a message