Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jm6087
When I say "active", I just mean a visual indicator of which preset option you are currently using.

For example: If I have a preset that turns off my UR layers and it is currently selected. I can alway look at the presets and quickly remind myself which preset per section is currently being used.
I was not thinking that it would slow down WME at all by just changing the selected preset to bold.

Old age, easy to forget :D

That said, I am a great believer in providing my thoughts and ideas and letting you decide whether it is worth it or goes beyond the intent of the script. I will never complain or hold it against any script writer for thinking my ideas will not work or is just plain crazy.

EDIT:
I was thinking your next script would have an acronym of PITA or something :lol:
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
I was only thinking about clicking between presets, not that you would mess with the layers manually as well.

I can see how that would be using WME resources since it would have to monitor actions in the layers menu as well.

Thanks for the explanation
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
It does not appear to bring your presets over between Prod and Beta
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
iainhouse wrote:As for the native WME UI: yes, making a good UI is a lot of work. It's not easy. But that's why you pay developers to create a good UI and it's what you should expect to get. And it isn't what we get.
Don't forget about listening to the grunts who actually use the UI when they say this design don't work. :mrgreen:
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
G_W1Z wrote:This is a great idea and script - thank you!

Would you consider adding the ability to handle WME Color Highlights? At times I like to switch back and forth between looking at segments with or without speed limits added. TB lets you show segments with speed limits added, but not invert that.
From original post:
iainhouse wrote: Currently, I cover:
  • WME "native" Layers
  • WME Colour Highlights
  • WME Toolbox Highlights tab
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by juliansean
Thanks so much for the time and effort you’ve put into this script. My laptop is past it’s “best if used by date” so I’m having to keep a lot of scripts off. Having the ability to quickly turn on layers that I need for a specific edit is terrific!

Respectfully,

Sean
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by ojlaw
It looks like a recent WME update finally broke this script. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Like a simple code change since the script isn't being maintained(RIP). After hovering on the preset button the dropdown is to the left of the button too far and it's not possible to move the mouse to the dropdown without it disappearing. 
Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 9.48.16 AM.png
(117.3 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
 Thanks.
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by RussPA
Looks interesting. Will this work in wne production and beta? It would be nice to save all your presets in production and then easily apply them to the same scripts in beta
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by sketch
iainhouse wrote:I get what you mean. But you are only "currently using" a preset the moment you apply it.

Sticking with WME layers for the example, if you apply a preset that turns off your UR layers, then it's "current". But your next action might be to turn one of the layers back on. The preset will therefore no longer be current: leaving it highlighted would be inaccurate and monitoring any layer changes to unhighlight it when that happens isn't something I wanted to do. ;)
Would be nice to have at least a small indicator of your "last used" selection though. WME Bookmarks does the same thing, optionally—it'll highlight your last-visited bookmark, whether or not you're anywhere near there. No need to track subsequent changes.

edit Would also be nice if it worked for those of us not running WME FU. As is, I can't get to the menu from the icon fast enough before it disappears.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by vince1612
At work rn, so I can't install scripts until I get back home, but this looks awesome!
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png