Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Any specifics got you confused? Go ahead and let us deal with the puzzling!

Traffic history

Post by lopaolo69
It's a long time I don't write something inside this forum. Please, may you be gentle with me if this is the wrong place to write about my topic?

I'm thinking about the traffic history.
These days, I'm driving my car a little, and I'm asking Waze to calculate my route.
Most of the time, when I drive on highways or main roads, the real drive time is less than the Waze time.
My thought is:
What is Waze doing with the traffic history? Is Waze purging the old data and replace it with the new one?
Considering the "new reality", the roads' traffic is reduced and the driving time is lower than usual.
More. Sometimes the viability changes and the average speed on the road could be lower than before.

Is Waze "purging" the old traffic history? Something like more old than one year (for instance), removed from the record.
The risk without purge is the "inertia" of the system to be aligned with reality.
It's just a mathematical problem :)
lopaolo69
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:64592

Send a message

Post by SkiDooGuy
The traffic data does get replaced by newer data on a schedule, so as long as there is some traffic on the roads the data will be updated.

As for ETAs, Waze is aware of a marginal discrepancy in arrival times and is currently working to improve this feature. So hopefully we'll see some better ETAs than we currently do.
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png