Routing me on an unnecessary 8 mile loop

Post by ratphink
I am hoping to get help with a problem when leaving my home, Waze often will direct me on an 8 mile loop (north) in the wrong direction before virtually passing my house again to ultimately take me in the correct direction (south). Although I have become accustomed to checking the route before making a time estimate for a planned trip, it has confused guest leaving my home as well as at least 1 new driver that depends (maybe too much) on Waze to get them going the right way.

I’m also new here (please be gentile). Would I post my address and a sample address that shows the error? Screen shots? Other? Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks,
Den
ratphink

POSTER_ID:17986492

Send a message

Post by jm6087
If you could post a screenshot of the app showing the route and an approximate start and end location.
At this time, you should not need to provide an exact address, just a nearby start and end intersection/business that would cause the same odd routing.

Please don't forget to include city, state, country of the issue.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
I am not sure what could be causing the odd routing. I was unable to duplicate it in my app.

I even tested changing several settings to see if it was possible that there was a settings issue.

I am moving this thread to the VA forum so that locals can have a look at it as well.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by ratphink
Here is the photo that you requested. Note the 8-10 mile unnecessary loop.

Please let me know if you need additional information, and thank you very much.

Den
ratphink
Send a message
Attachments

Post by ratphink
Thanks jm6087....sent you a PM.

DEN
ratphink
Send a message

Post by subs5
Did you arrive the PW County Dept of Fire and Rescue driving in a NW direction?
If so then the phone did not sense that you could turn around even if you pulled into a parking spot, lot or short driveway. So it has you continue in the nw direction and routes you in the circle.
This is the same limitation of behavior as arriving at a house on a cul-de-sac amd even if you pull into the driveway when you start your next trip you are told to proceed to the end of the cul-de-sac and then u-turn instead of just backing out of the driveway and turn 90 to go out.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message