The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Roadshields now available in prod WME in IL, NA and ROW!

Post by
Hi All,

We are happy to announce that Roadshields and Exit Signs are now available in WME production in Israel only (IL environment) !!

Yes you heard it right, ROADSHIELDS and TURN GUIDANCE EDITING!

Finally you will be able to see shields mapped to streets and map them! You will also be able to edit the turn guidance of a segment by adding exit signs, shield, direction, custom TTS and more.

You can find all the information and how-to map roadshields and exit signs here.

The default lock rank for the feature are:

-Roadshield on street - 4
-Roadshield on turn and turn guidance - 4
-Everyone will be able to see both of them

Important:
  • Shields that existed in the past will be already available and you will already see them associated with the relevant streets.
  • Not all requested shields have been added, we will be adding roadshields and exit signs in batches.
  • Please note that Roadshields and exit signs are now available in WME production in Israel only. Other environments are coming -complete with the word that we do not say-.
  • If you notice a malfunction or have any feedback regarding Road Shields in the beta android app please report it in the centercode thread.

Let us know what you think!
    Thank you!
    -----

FAQs:

Can we add roadshields to alternate street names?
    At the moment no, we are working in order to implement it and give editor more flexibility

Do we show edit history for roadshields on streets?
    We currently don’t show edit history for roadshields on streets, we opened a feature request.

How does the lock rank work for roadshields on streets?
    Since the roadshield is applied to a street level and not a segment level, there is no correlation between the segment lock rank and the ability to add roadshields on streets.
    Roadshields on streets are currently locked to level 4.

Why don't I see some shields while editing a turn guidance?
    The shield visible and proposed in the turn guidance panel are based on the area visible in WME, you can zoom out in order to see more shields.

Can I drag and drop and reorder the shield and text box in the turn guidance panel?
    Currently no, you will need to remove and re-add the elements in order to reorder them. We hope this will be available in the future.
  •  

POSTER_ID:17866785

Send a message

Post by BrettC0
Hi Everyone,

I'm glad to update that we've added missing shields and exit signs in ROW.

You can find all the new shields that were uploaded here.
  • If you have requests for new shields, you can add them to this tab
  • If you want to report any issues with existing shields, please use this form

Please note that we don't currently have an ETA to process new upcoming requests or issues with existent shields. We appreciate your patience on this matter.

Thanks,
Brett, on behalf of the WME Team

BrettC0
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by BrettC0
MajkiiTelini wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:54 pm (I have send report to issues form too.)
Still cannot see any Exit Signs in Czech Republic, although they are marked as available in sheet. Can you please check it?

EDIT one day later: Now it seems OK, thanks!  :)

@MajkiiTelini thanks for pointing that out! They should be available now in the WME. 

BrettC0
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by BrettC0
CleitonCasarotto wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:28 pm Brett, I asked for some roadshields and exit signs for Brazil.
The roadshields were added but the exit signs not, could you please check?

Hi @CleitonCasarotto ,

I'm only able to locate a request which was completed in the previous release for Left and Right highway Saida exits. If they are not showing up in the WME please let me know and I'll have the team check. 

If you submitted another request, my apologies but we don't have a record of it. Please fill it out in the New Requests tab and I'll see that it's added for the next round. 

Best,
Brett
BrettC0
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by BrettC0
vequalsdividedt wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:49 am @Vespucci41 how the sheet is updated? And when?
Thanks

I'll answer for Ruben as he is OOO. 

We update the sheet manually each time we upload a new batch of shields to Production. 

Currently, there isn't another update scheduled, and we will update on the forum with a new thread detailing any updates when the time comes. Apologies for not being able to provide a timeline currently. 

Best,
Brett
BrettC0
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by CleitonCasarotto
Hi Ruben

Please could you check when we will get the new roadshields requested for Brazil?
CleitonCasarotto
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Como categorizar e nomear vias
Manual de edição
As Melhores Praticas de Edição

"Quem se coloca acima dos outros, perde a chance de aprender com eles."

Post by CleitonCasarotto
Brett, I asked for some roadshields and exit signs for Brazil.
CleitonCasarotto
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Manual de edição

Post by CleitonCasarotto
BrettC0 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:09 pm
CleitonCasarotto wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:28 pm Brett, I asked for some roadshields and exit signs for Brazil.

Hi @CleitonCasarotto ,

I'm only able to locate a request which was completed in the previous release for Left and Right highway Saida exits. If they are not showing up in the WME please let me know and I'll have the team check. 

If you submitted another request, my apologies but we don't have a record of it. Please fill it out in the New Requests tab and I'll see that it's added for the next round. 

Best,
Brett

Sorry Brett, I was talking to Ruben about it, not you, my fault. As the roadshield that we have requested got into WME I thought you know about it
Mauro, our community manager put us in touch through this document. If you can help us it will be great
CleitonCasarotto
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Manual de edição

Post by deanonzl
Hi Team,
On the sheet "Roadshield & Exits Data - FINAL VERSION (EXTERNAL)", it is showing exit signs available for New Zealand.
Was this possibly ticked in error, as we can't select them via the Turn Instructions options.
Can someone please verify.
Ragards
Exits.png
(30.61 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

deanonzl
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Adrian
Country Coordinator: New Zealand

deanonzl
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Adrian
Country Coordinator: New Zealand

Post by domoun
Hi,

Exit signs not available for Reunion Island, please see screenshot below.

https://i.ibb.co/FYXT4Pb/Screenshot20210227.png

domoun
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message
AM Réunion-Comores · RM Mayotte